AT Pro/Gold--Minelab Equinox 600 or 800

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I'm wanting to upgrade to a higher quality metal detector.

I have been looking at the Garret AT Pro and Minelab Equinox 600 or 800.

Is there a major difference between the 600 and 800 besides the gold mode? Would it be something I wish I had down the road?

I keep hearing that the technology in the Minelab detectors is better than Garrets and they can find items at a great depth.

I am overwhelmed and really don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Have a Pro and loved it both in and out of the water. Went with a 800 and have a etrac and now I think I have the best of both. Have not been in the water yet but have been in ground my friends and I have pounded with etrac's and pros. Hitting stuff still and strange but pulling nickles left and right. Atpro will let you know with a blaring 55 but didn't see these. Only bout 24 hours on the 800 but love it. Summer is streams and the lake so that's why I up to the 800.

Hey Y'all,

I'm wanting to upgrade to a higher quality metal detector.

I have been looking at the Garret AT Pro and Minelab Equinox 600 or 800.

Is there a major difference between the 600 and 800 besides the gold mode? Would it be something I wish I had down the road?

I keep hearing that the technology in the Minelab detectors is better than Garrets and they can find items at a great depth.

I am overwhelmed and really don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Gold mode and wireless headphones are the major difference between them.

The 600 does have wireless transmitter built in (like the 800) so you can pickup a set of wireless headphones as long as they are the correct type, and your set.

The 800 has more adjustments to fine tune. If all your doing is coin and jewelry the 600 is fine. If your interested in prospecting or nugget hunting and would like the wireless headphones go with the 800.

More at this link:

https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/blog...-and-the-minelab-equinox-600-metal-detectors/

Back
Top Bottom