5 different pennies again and some other oldies

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Went out this morning with my 6 year old and got permission at an old place I've been wanting to detect for sometime.
Started swinging and the first thing that pops out is an Indianhead! Good sign.

I ended digging 3 wheats, one Indianhead, a V nickel, a war nickel and an old Boy Scouts button.

Unfortunately after being there for only about 30 minutes the lady who lived there asked me if I could stop digging holes and I said that was no problem......put an end to that! Dang!

Oh well, got some oldies out before the shutdown though.
51f437e58f22801eb5b9ea1a072f00be.jpg
fab8f7ce83cfb5bb5ccec7c272374c41.jpg
e50707ce1661251ea0fe08e138fc15ea.jpg
021131d8f0c75c798b0897da2e1025ad.jpg
69da0841c5488144f79e2b61059acd23.jpg
f9a3b07c5a5ccb332ce0a98132e403e0.jpg
37dd72c9ffb00731e8905d401b521d25.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Excellent hunting as always with some more awesome finds! You're the Injun master!
Thanks Wave! It was nice to get some good finds today as yesterday I hunted 3 old yards in the same neighborhood and only managed two later wheaties. Those Indianheads, though, seem to be all over down in that neighborhood.

Like that BSA button as well as all the cents and the V and War nick! Nice hunting!
Thanks GS! That was the first war nickel I dug this year puting my silver count at 40. I'm trying to get to 50 before winter hits but I don't know if that'll happen.....silvers are few and far between this year.

Very cool finds!!! Congrats... to bad the hunt got cut short... still a nice hunt though
Thanks Outlaw! I was kind of bummed when she cut the hunt short but I was able to get some keepers before then so I can't complain. We went and got another permission in the same neighborhood but all I got was a later Canadian penny and a 1917 Wheat. Can't complain though.

Yeah I hear you... can't complain about some nice coins dug in 30 mins of hunting... I'm still looking for my first Indian head cent.... one day I will find one...

Yeah I hear you... can't complain about some nice coins dug in 30 mins of hunting... I'm still looking for my first Indian head cent.... one day I will find one...
Just gotta hit those old houses up. That's almost all I've been doing this year and I've dug 22 of them. You'll find one..... I'm sure of it.

Congrats Tundra on the "V", the War Nickel, the Indian and all the rest. It is amazing on the lofty variation's on penny's our digs provide. Trapper

Just gotta hit those old houses up. That's almost all I've been doing this year and I've dug 22 of them. You'll find one..... I'm sure of it.

I gotta get the nerve up to start door knocking... but here California people aren't so nice when you knock on there door... hahaha

Congrats Tundra on the "V", the War Nickel, the Indian and all the rest. It is amazing on the lofty variation's on penny's our digs provide. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! It was odd to find another group of 5 different but not terribly surprising being this close to Canada.

I gotta get the nerve up to start door knocking... but here California people aren't so nice when you knock on there door... hahaha
I'm guessing North Dakota folks and California people are two different breeds. I have really good luck in the bigger towns and decent luck in the smaller towns. The really small town people are a little more guarded though.

Your soil is rather kind to copper. I like the IH.
Normally the early wheats and Indianheads clean up real nice.....the later wheats are a little tougher to clean up though. Nickels normally come out brown but not terribly crusty. I like the dirt I've got up here! Only drawback is I don't get the really old stuff up here like the guys out east.

Back
Top Bottom