A new find!

royal75

I found this ringed coin in a beach in Israel. According to what I read it's from George the 5h period, gold coin on a ring. I cannot see the other side to tell if it's rare minted coin. Do you have any idea how much it is worth?

Attachments

• IMG-20180711-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180711-WA0003.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG-20180711-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180711-WA0002.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 648
  • Screenshot_20180712-000601_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20180712-000601_WhatsApp.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
:dingding: Great find! That's a neat way of finding a gold coin.

It's not a coin

The jeweler says it is part of the ring, not a real coin. I wonder how much I can get for this ring.

Looks like a Brit gold coin to me. Got any close up photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the ring have any markings inside the band, or anywhere?
If it was all gold, it seems a chunker like that would weigh more than 8.88 grams, but it's hard to estimate.

Woohoo, does that count as a double find? A ring and a gold coin?! Either way, big congratulations!

It does look like a coin to me, if it is, looks like a King George V gold sovereign coin (1911-1932 UK). Supposedly the coin alone should weigh 7.98 grams, 22k, so unless your scale is off, or there are variations in the coin values/weights ?? perhaps it is just a cast of the coin? Weird.

If there are no markings you could acid test the gold.

Very cool find, congrats and let us know what it ends up being!

I found this ringed coin in a beach in Israel. According to what I read it's from George the 5h period, gold coin on a ring. I cannot see the other side to tell if it's rare minted coin. Do you have any idea how much it is worth?

You killed it! Nice find! What beach set? I've been to Tel Aviv many times, and found nice stuff there, but never any gold coins!

Israel beaches can be hard, because they filter them with the screening machines. This is fantastic, if you found in dry sand!

Woohoo, does that count as a double find? A ring and a gold coin?! ...

Nope. Gold coins found mounted as jewelry (in a bezzle or whatever) do not count as the hallowed hole-in-one "gold coin" finds. They are jewelry, not coins. :worms:

Most modern coin rings (here in the states anyway) will show the reverse side of the coin from inside the ring if the coin is real. As far I as I am aware most real stones will be visible from the inside also(something about the stone breathing). Someone chime in if I am wrong. With older rings I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom