I need a new pinpointed that doesn’t interfere.

Squeaker

My main rig is and MXT Pro and I have an Equinox 600 as backup (still learning the 600). I have used both the original Garret AT Pinpointer and the minelab Pro find 35. Both of those are almost unusable within 10-20ft of the detector MXT. Any suggestions or am I just stuck with carrying my detector away from the hole while trying to pinpoint? I liked the discrimination feature of the Pro Find, but it was actually the worst with interfering with the MXT

Fisher f pulse/ teknetics tek-point. You can change the frequency they use to avoid the interference. Plus they work great and are built like tanks. Same thing but colour and price. The tec's colour is grass green- incredibly stupid..

Last edited:
Do you have your detectors sensitivity maxed out??

It interferes at all but like the lowest sensitivity. It does help to turn it down, but I really don’t like have to turn it up and down every time I want to pinpoint.

I am confused. I own many pointers, and the 600(among several other detectors.)

I tested 5 pin pointers an hour ago, using the Nox 600. My tests comprised of simply swinging the coil outside in the yard over a 6" buried quarter, and then switching on my pointer at waist level. I got no chatter between these pointers:

I had my sensitivity on the 600 at 20, factory default, and I got nary one piece of feedback from the coil. I am however setup with the 6" coil, not the 11". I then proceeded to test with the 600 set full sensitivity, which was chatty without the pin pointer even on.

I got no added feedback with any of my pin pointers with that max sense. I thought I would go to 5khz, logically the lowest frequency should be the most trouble with crosstalk. I still got no interactivity.

Unless it is my use of the 6"coil instead of the 11" factory coil, I simply don't get interference at the basic length of the shaft while standing and reading a buried target, definitely not anything close to 10-20 feet. I even extended the pinpointer down closer toward the 6" coil and was impressed by the lack of tonal response.

I will plan a test using the factory coil later. I was surprised that I passed my tests so easily. Again, maybe it's the 6 inch smaller coil, but I did run it full sense and approach the coil as close as 2 feet, before it reacted to one of my pointers. NOTE: I run every one of my pinpointers to the edge of their stability, so they are maxed.

To be honest, I do remember that the F-Pulse had a kinda angry attitude with my coils, and that was prior to getting the Equinox or the 6" ML coil. If I had to give advice now, assuming you are using the larger 11" coils...buy the F-pulse or Tec-Point.

Garrett Carrot
Whites V3i
Detech X1
Pistol Probe(That is one sensitive unit)
Fisher F-Pulse

Last edited:
I am confused. I own many pointers, and the 600(among several other detectors.)

I tested 5 pin pointers an hour ago, using the Nox 600. My tests comprised of simply swinging the coil outside in the yard over a 6" buried quarter, and then switching on my pointer at waist level. I got no chatter between these pointers:

I had my sensitivity on the 600 at 20, factory default, and I got nary one piece of feedback from the coil. I am however setup with the 6" coil, not the 11". I then proceeded to test with the 600 set full sensitivity, which was chatty without the pin pointer even on.

I got no added feedback with any of my pin pointers with that max sense. I thought I would go to 5khz, logically the lowest frequency should be the most trouble with crosstalk. I still got no interactivity.

Unless it is my use of the 6"coil instead of the 11" factory coil, I simply don't get interference at the basic length of the shaft while standing and reading a buried target, definitely not anything close to 10-20 feet. I even extended the pinpointer down closer toward the 6" coil and was impressed by the lack of tonal response.

I will plan a test using the factory coil later. I was surprised that I passed my tests so easily. Again, maybe it's the 6 inch smaller coil, but I did run it full sense and approach the coil as close as 2 feet, before it reacted to one of my pointers. NOTE: I run every one of my pinpointers to the edge of their stability, so they are maxed.

To be honest, I do remember that the F-Pulse had a kinda angry attitude with my coils, and that was prior to getting the Equinox or the 6" ML coil. If I had to give advice now, assuming you are using the larger 11" coils...buy the F-pulse or Tec-Point.

Garrett Carrot
Whites V3i
Detech X1
Pistol Probe(That is one sensitive unit)
Fisher F-Pulse

Hey Martin,

My main issue is interference between pinpointers and the Whites MXT Pro. I am still using it mostly due to not having learned all the quirks of the Equinox. I’m going to look in to the Tec-Point since there’s two votes for that pointer on this thread.

Hey Martin,

My main issue is interference between pinpointers and the Whites MXT Pro. I am still using it mostly due to not having learned all the quirks of the Equinox. I’m going to look in to the Tec-Point since there’s two votes for that pointer on this thread.

I thought I'd maybe overlooked the MXT factor. I tested my M6 with my pointers they weren't as stable with the M6. I could still use any of them though. No way was I limited to a 10-12 foot range.

I haven't figured that out yet unless you didn't really mean literal feet. I have used all of those pin pointers with my M6(I own 2, 6s). I just eventually learned how and what direction to lay the coil down when going into pinpoint. Btw, I reference the M6 here because IMO the M6 and the MXT line is about the same thing.

You will actually gain a lot with the F-Pulse or Tek-Point, but be aware that there were several quality control issues with those. It took me two returns and I independently resolved some problems and fixes, in the end.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom