A great ThanksGiving day hunt...

Bajanick

Elite Member
Hunted two different dirt strips.

A 1926 Standing Liberty (My first) shes pretty worn but ill take it.
A 1942/3 merc in nice shape.
7 Wheaties 1919, 30, 34, 38, 56, 54, 58

A 1946 20 Centavo Mexican coin

A 1990 $100 Mexican coin.
It looked just like a gold coin, my heart skipped a beat. I checked online and it is bronze and aluminum.

Also, found what looks to be a heavy brass stamp, the engraving is backwards on it and it says, Los Angeles Co. Cranston A Casey Notary Public.
Pics are terrible, my camera is not good. :(
[/ATTACH]

That's a great hunt! Congrats on your first Standing Liberty quarter.

Thanks CallMeGrey,

The spot I found the standing liberty and merc had a huge amount of interference, the Nox was going crazy. I kept changing frequencies, notching out different numbers, Going all metal, kept lowering sensitivity, kept noice cancelling but nothing would work, so I went really slow and listened for solid tones mixed in the the chatter as much as possible, and notched park one caps, and pulltabs then went over the same areas in park two with nothing notched out and I could kinda read what was going on.
Theres got to be more silver there, I am going back next chance I get.
:thumbsup:

Bajanick congrats on your first SLQ, Merc and near fatal heart stopper. I think I dug that same coin and thought the same thing. It rang up 22, wasn't too deep and when I saw the rim I froze. I looked around and just threw it in my pouch and continued on like nothing happened. I didn't want to attract attention. Not too long after I couldn't take it any more and headed home to reveal my new found treasure. Aaaaant. A V. Carstanzo 100 Peso. Not even worth a 100 Peso's. When you say 42/43 Merc is that an overstamped date or can't make it out too well ? Nice holiday hunt. Good luck, Mark

Bajanick congrats on your first SLQ, Merc and near fatal heart stopper. I think I dug that same coin and thought the same thing. It rang up 22, wasn't too deep and when I saw the rim I froze. I looked around and just threw it in my pouch and continued on like nothing happened. I didn't want to attract attention. Not too long after I couldn't take it any more and headed home to reveal my new found treasure. Aaaaant. A V. Carstanzo 100 Peso. Not even worth a 100 Peso's. When you say 42/43 Merc is that an overstamped date or can't make it out too well ? Nice holiday hunt. Good luck, Mark

Yea, That thing looks just like a gold coin. :lookclose:
I couldnt make out if the merc is a 1942 or 1943 :blink:

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Nice hunting, w/ some really cool finds. I found one of those $100 coins in a tot-lot once and man, LOL.... nice going on the oldies!

While I was in a recliner recovering from overindulging on duck, you were out getting the finds, lol

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom