A silvery morning and afternoon

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
This morning on the way to work I decided to hit an old curb strip I had detected a couple years ago in one of my standby little towns along the way. It was nice to have some relatively clean ground for a change.
I didn't have more than 20 minutes so I just looked for high pitches. First high pitch I hit was a really nice 1961-D Washington! How did I miss that!

I had to take off after that to go clean out a few cattleguards for the day.
I worked fast today because I had plans to hit that curb strip again on the way home.

I got back through that little town around 5:30 so I only had a max of 45 minutes to hunt.

Right away I started hitting signals a lot like wheats.....which believe it or not ended up being the case twice.
I came across another what I thought was a missed wheat but ended up being a beauty of a 1968 nickel Canadian dime. I didn't notice at the time but one I cleaned it off I found it had beautiful rainbow toning on both faces..... weirdest thing I'd ever seen.

Right after that I came across another signal I thought might be a wheat..... nope, wrong again! It was a very worn 1920's Merc!

I have come to the conclusion that I was either terrible at metal detecting 2 years ago..... that, or deaf!

1bb4c9353195dfec2110c297b5e925ff.jpg
69e26d46378aae941433399cb87452ee.jpg
bd29c53d1b713a4807fffc3da0379ea1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's what you call a hit and run outing Tundra. Start in the brisk morning, push through the work day and return to the site to finish what was already started. Congrats on the Silver GW, the Merc and all the rest. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom