UPDATE to the broken coil plastic bolt...

wvdave107

Elite Member
Decided to call Garrett this afternoon about the broken bolt for my coil today to see what they had to say...I wasn't disappointed. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice and courteous. She was extremely helpful. Within 5 minutes she had my name and address and said she would have a couple of replacements sent to me within 3 business days....Can't beat Garrett customer service!!!! This is the second time I've contacted them, first time was user error...LOL, and they have went above and beyond both times...

Decided to call Garrett this afternoon about the broken bolt for my coil today to see what they had to say...I wasn't disappointed. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice and courteous. She was extremely helpful. Within 5 minutes she had my name and address and said she would have a couple of replacements sent to me within 3 business days....Can't beat Garrett customer service!!!! This is the second time I've contacted them, first time was user error...LOL, and they have went above and beyond both times...

Wow, I never thought to take that issue to a detector manufacturer. I've have the plastic nylon nuts/bolts strip out before. And simply went to the hardware store to get them. .30c or so ??

Last year, had a bad connection to my coil on my new ( but recently sold) AT MAX. I also spoke to a very nice lady who just needed a couple of serial numbers, my name and address, and had a new coil on the way to me. It couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes and was a very pleasant experience.

In fact I would absolutely rate it 10/10 and meant to call back and tell them that, but it was around the holidays and I got side tracked.

-Digg

That is what all companies should be doing. Take care of the customer and you have a better chance of having return business when they decide to purchase something new.

Ray

I contacted Garrett because the original battery pack had a broken contact, and they responded by sending me two new ones free of charge. Their service was very good.

:laughing:

Editing to add what I'm laughing about......

Wait until you have to pay shipping on a warranty repair, then have it returned with the same problem you sent it in to have fixed.

Yeah, they're awesome :lol:

Wow, I never thought to take that issue to a detector manufacturer. I've have the plastic nylon nuts/bolts strip out before. And simply went to the hardware store to get them. .30c or so ??

Tom. I in fact did just that. Picked up a couple of nylon bolts and a couple of washers to match. Cost a couple of bucks. Just thought I'd give Garrett a call and see what they would have to say. Honestly, I didn't expect them to send me new ones since there are several options for a quick fix. At least now I'll have a few spares, just in case.

Good machines

I like the build quality of the 2 machines I own from Garrett. (AT Max and Ace 350)
They seem like the kind of detectors that you can store away for 20 years, put batteries in them, and fire 'em right up.

I contacted Garrett because the original battery pack had a broken contact, and they responded by sending me two new ones free of charge. Their service was very good.

My story is identical with the broken contact and replacement battery holders. then I did a little research and found that many others have also had that issue and that is why Garrett is so on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom