Nox Auto Tracking

In that video, what he did was essentially lie to the machine before beginning to sweep.
Proper procedure would be to Auto Noise Cancel, then Auto GB, then turn Tracking ON. Or, start with Tracking ON, Auto Noise Cancel, Auto GB, and begin sweeping. Either way will work like it's supposed to.

I'd like to see a test done on ground like I have here, where it can dramatically change in 15ft. Set the machine up properly, and then monitor GB while sweeping over transitioning soil.

And if I do the same test with Deus in same field, a huge difference in results.
Deus will track loads faster to actual ground.

I know of a guy, who I met out hunting, who uses, at least at that time (I’m not speaking for him, or could), the auto tracking and the guy is posting a ton of seated coin finds on this forum lately, albeit. 15” coil, but that has me convinced...

I know of a guy, who I met out hunting, who uses, at least at that time (I’m not speaking for him, or could), the auto tracking and the guy is posting a ton of seated coin finds on this forum lately, albeit. 15” coil, but that has me convinced...

Ive run into that guy too! Lol.

Ive pretty much used tracking gb since day 1 with the nox. The soil in my area (and GS's area too) is mainly red, iron infested clay. However, in my parks i can see a mix of red clay, decomposed granite, non-native fill, gravel, and highly organic soil. Honestly, ive experimented with the different methods and havent noticed much of a difference between them, so i just stick with tracking.

Heres my rationale...if ML says the recommended gb is "0", why not set it to tracking and let it adjust itself to changing conditions if needed? Its been working for me.

Ive run into that guy too! Lol.

Ive pretty much used tracking gb since day 1 with the nox. The soil in my area (and GS's area too) is mainly red, iron infested clay. However, in my parks i can see a mix of red clay, decomposed granite, non-native fill, gravel, and highly organic soil. Honestly, ive experimented with the different methods and havent noticed much of a difference between them, so i just stick with tracking.

Heres my rationale...if ML says the recommended gb is "0", why not set it to tracking and let it adjust itself to changing conditions if needed? Its been working for me.

You sold me on it that one day Jeff. I reset it to auto tracking after the upgrade and factory reset recently. I always feel anything but confident trying to ground balance, so just set it to auto, noise cancel and park 1/2 and go! :)

No seated coins (yet) :laughing: but heck, who knows!

I had a lot of issues with the 800 the first few times out so I decided to read the manual. Now everything works like Minelab said it would.

Just wanted to throw in my 3 center, I have 2 years on Xterra series and a year on the Nox. I ALWAYS use auto tracking and find plenty. At depth too!
7" wheats with the 6" coil in mineralized ground is pretty good in auto-tracking. I try to maintain proper swing speed. I also, use CTX and swing even slower. lol
Its about listening for those short consistent one way beeps.
Jer

Back
Top Bottom