Tilt switch for Carrot

RichieSoprano

OK. Got me . used Carrot. Needs a switch. But since its the weak point anyhow...thinking to instsll a tilt switch and seal the hole. If anyone has done this...what switch have you used? Got a guy at church who does electronic stuff and he says if I get the right switch he can do it for me. Also: how do you get the carrot apart to do the surgery?

OK. Got me . used Carrot. Needs a switch. But since its the weak point anyhow...thinking to instsll a tilt switch and seal the hole. If anyone has done this...what switch have you used? Got a guy at church who does electronic stuff and he says if I get the right switch he can do it for me. Also: how do you get the carrot apart to do the surgery?

This is a can of worms that is tough to close when open. I don't think it will be easy, due to the fact that the button needs to be mounted BEFORE inserting the circuit board back into the carrot, and even the push button switch Garrett uses is tricky to get back into the housing. I took apart a black one way back when I first started, and was never able to get it working properly after taking it apart. Good luck if you try it, and please keep us posted if you succeed!

A toggle switch probably won't work. Besides pushing it to turn on/off, it also is held down to get into the menu for options and to zero out for signals. A toggle switch will either be on or off and would cause issues with the other options.

I wore through the tip of my carrot and had to take it apart to clean it up. Remember it being kinda a pain but not to bad. Might have watched a video on it but don't remember. Personally I would take it apart and order myself a new button and rubber cover to fix it. But you have to be willing to do the work on sourcing a new part or have Garrett send you one.

Tilt switch??

How far has technology actually come??? Tiny Tec pin pointers had a tilt switch 25 years ago...I have 2 of these oldies and they both still work just fine😊

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpg
    IMG_4818.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_4817.JPG
    IMG_4817.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 403
How far has technology actually come??? Tiny Tec pin pointers had a tilt switch 25 years ago...I have 2 of these oldies and they both still work just fine😊

I test metal detecting devices (stand up gateways) all the time for my work. No matter who we test and what the "advances" are, it's still an rf field you pass metal through. Nothing's really changed except for sensitivity.

Same here

nornx2...I have two of those pin pointers too. And the 9v battery lasted forever in them. Those were ahead of their time.

Back
Top Bottom