More gray silver

marcomo

Finally had a brief thaw so I wrapped up work an hour and a half early for a fix.

When I got home and cleaned the dirt off this Barber I saw how much of the coin had the dreaded gray.

I've gotten quite a few silver coins with varying degrees of grayish corrosion on them. Has anybody found a way to safely get this off without getting an awful washed out look on the coin? Or to remove the gray and then restore the coin from looking washed out?

Attachments

• DSCN1433.jpg
    DSCN1433.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 239
Being a dug coin if the dates aren't key I would say you could use any method .
I enjoy having a variety of coloration mixed in my pile.
Congradulations on the great hunt .
,Dew

Congrats Marcus on getting out for your fix. A successful cure with the Silver and the sterling. I use a drop of Barkeepers Helper and a soft bristled toothbrush in the palm of my hand to clean water stained Silver. While its not perfect it has done a great job for me restoring some brilliance to the coins. Trapper

For common or worn silvers I would use one of two methods. get some baking soda. put a couple drops of water in it mix into a paste. Use your thumb and finger and rub the silver coin with the paste. Or get a small piece of tinfoil, spit in it, put the coin in, spit on top and press the tinfoil against it. The reaction should smell like rotten eggs and remove the tarnish...

Thank you all for the suggestions:clapping:, will try on my gray rosies before the barber.

Back
Top Bottom