Beach day in Hong Kong

RobertM

$140 something Hong Kong Dollars, some foreign coins, avfewbold Queen Elizabeths, a ring (looks like gold), dionsaur car, old phone and a pen. I was expecting better. :(
We had a huge Typhoon last year that washed tons of salt onto the beach, so everyhing gets black really fast until we get a few heavy rains.

Attachments

• 20190214_134847.jpg
    20190214_134847.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 352
It is odd..the ring looks like real gold, but no numbers or markings.

Sounds like it might be a interesting place to detect , probably very little competition there . I noticed in 2017 when I was in the Philippines on vacation (public beaches very trashy , only hit resort beaches ) that most of the Chinese tourist were very interested in seeing what i was doing. I think most had never seen some one detecting before.

detecing over there should be fun

David, I also get many Chinese tourists want to check it out. :)
The Philippines has become a tourist destination for the new rich class of Chinese as well as a shopping destination . You see a lot of them in tour groups on both Cebu and Bohol , Philippines on the nice resorts there .Cebu has had a International Airport for a while and Bohol just opened one this last year. While there last in 2017 ,we normally spend most of our time at my wife's family home that we had remodeled . This trip we spent a couple of days at one of the nice resorts for a family function , perfect oppertunity to hit a non trashed beach. Most public beaches are so trashy it is really hard to detect. While detecting the hotel beach area I had lots of the Chinese onlookers trying to figure out what I was doing. Every so often I would hold up some coins , bottle caps what ever I found for them to see . I am sure they have never seen a detector before , and probably found it amusing that a American would be looking for dirty coins. While they probably found it funny I was really hoping to find some of that fancy gold jewelry they love to show off over there.:laughing:

When I was in HK the exchange was 1 us for 5 HK. That was a very long time ago. It looks like today it is 1 us to over 7 HK. Still not a bad day when you dig approximately 18 us dollars.

Back
Top Bottom