• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Middletown ohio

I have not researched anything really up around Middletown areas, but willing to give anything legal a shot.

... laws around here seems Butler co ain’t very detector friendly. ...

Digginstuff-01, what led you to think that the "laws of Butler Co. ain't very detector friendly" ? How did you come to that conclusion ?

And did you mean just county-owned/adminstered land ? Or all land within the county borders ?

Please shed light on what brought you to this conclusion.

I have only seen the Metroparks be listed as no detecting by default. Those parks do have some really good spots that I think everyone would like to hit! The real problem seems to be that they like to fence off things in the area. The fairgrounds was the ONE good spot for Civil War activity and the entire area is fenced off. I have seen several more spots that I believe would have an awful lot of potential that also have been fenced in to keep us out. Can only really speak about the Hamilton area as I have not been looking much further north than that.

I can get you that one Tom

https://www.yourmetroparks.net/docs...-08-as-amended-10-18-16.pdf?sfvrsn=1d8149ea_2

1545.09 1h No person except an employee or agent of the Board shall operate a metal detector within the Park without a special permit from the Executive Director or his or her designee giving authorization to do so.

In this case you may be able to ask :?: Think they keeping the good stuff to themselves.

.... 1545.09 1h No person except an employee or agent of the Board shall operate a metal detector within the Park without a special permit from the Executive Director or his or her designee giving authorization to do so.....

Thanx T-man.

Notice this was as of as recently as 2008 (12 yrs. ago). Thus apparently not-a-problem prior to that. It would be an interesting study to see what precipitated this . If someone wanted to, I'm sure there's board room minutes for the various committees, city-council etc.... that exist from 2008. Would be curious as-to-how it came on their radar as "something that needs a rule"

I have a sneaking suspicion of how this came to be.

Thanx T-man.

Notice this was as of as recently as 2008 (12 yrs. ago). Thus apparently not-a-problem prior to that. It would be an interesting study to see what precipitated this . If someone wanted to, I'm sure there's board room minutes for the various committees, city-council etc.... that exist from 2008. Would be curious as-to-how it came on their radar as "something that needs a rule"

I have a sneaking suspicion of how this came to be.

No clue, Hamilton County next county over around the Cinci area restricts it without a permit but will give you a free permit at any ranger station. Then I think it's just restricted when is use by other functions or during high use times of the year.

Yep Butler County Metroparks are off limits except for employees or written permission from the park Executive Director. Who I tried to call but he's like a ghost.

Now Ohio state parks have relaxed their regulations.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:46-7-08v1

Butler County Fairgrounds have been fenced off for as long as I can remember. Probably not for mdrs but midnight scrappers and vandals.

Hamilton County Fairgrounds is probably fenced off for the same reasons. Its not in the best area squashed between I75, the RR, and behind the old Jim Beam plant (I go by there every day on my job).
There's a house on the corner of 78th St where they tie chickens to the fence. ???.

Back
Top Bottom