Early 1800s church site

Jodo_Kast501

Recently got permission to detect one of the oldest churches in my region. I've gotten out there twice so far and come up with about half a dozen wheats, one Mercury dime, and a button 1850 or earlier. I suspect the place has been detected before, as a lot of the good signals were 6+ inches. Very happy to have the 5x8 coil for the AT Pro for this site. The dime was at about 7 inches and came out beautiful – must have been dropped in the late teens or early twenties.

Does the button look familiar to anyone? Got a tip that it's a drilled shank button, which makes it 1850 or earlier, but the letter makes me wonder if it's military. It's lead pewter and fairly heavy.

umI97ePh.jpg

zr74Ec1h.jpg

txqBodJh.jpg

fN03CtTh.jpg

Hit it again and again. You've just been teased. Bound to be more. Go north to south, east to west swinging low and slow. Listen to them whispers. Good luck

Yep...those are a couple nice "teasers"! That Mercury dime has seen some circulation, but looks really nice. The button is old...that's all I know about that :laughing:
Church yards are notorious for hiding goods for later discovery. Go back!

Nice find and a beautiful pic!

Not a lot of wear, but too much to be dropped in 1918 or 1919. I think your guess of dropped in the 1920's is probably right.

Back
Top Bottom