• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nokta/Makro SMF (My Prediction)

Here's a can of 'get over it'. Have a spoon full and you should be fine. Your fault and yours only that you bought it. Garrett didn't market it to compete with the Nox like N/M is doing with their SMF. You bought it to try it out and you don't like it. Now you're crying because you can't sell it for the price you want. Boo-Hoo. I don't feel bad for you.

Oh, they definitely did. They insinuated that the Apex could give comparable performance to the Equinox. Pushing the SMF aspect of the Apex as hard as they did, it was all but saying, "look out Equinox, here we come!"

Yet they didn't price the Apex to compete with the Equinox.

Garrett was trying to ride 2 horses at once: an entry level and an advanced detector, but in 1 machine. It was a mistake and now they're paying the price. What this price is, remains to be seen. I'm confident it's only a small price, though and Garrett will be fine.

I'm not forgetting anything. It's not an entry level detector. It's also not a Nox. Hype is a figmentation of the imagination. It was marketed as a SMF detector and morons assumed it would be on par with a 900 dollar Nox. Yet it cost in the 500 dollar range. 100% on the buyer.

If you buy a 30 dollar Tee shirt or a 5 dollar Tee shirt, who is to blame ? You. You're the consumer. You have the power to decide what you want.

Exactly. It's too expensive to be entry level and it's too cheap to be a high-end model. Instead of disappointing 1 group of people, you've disappointed 2.

Jack of all trades, master of none...

Yes, on a saltwater beach, almost anyone would take an Apex over a Simplex. But is the better performance worth an extra $175? Not as many people aren't going to agree about that.

You keep comparing the Apex to other detectors in performance terms only. Only if they're comparably priced can you do that.

The Apex costs about $175 more than the Simplex and about $50 more than the Vanquish 540 (and $150 more than the 440). Given my research of the Apex, it's not worth that extra money. And from the resale value of the Apex and what many people online are saying, I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

You're the one who brought up performance. An Apex can perform. 175 bucks more ? A nice gold ring on a beach has that covered in a jiffy. And, it can do it better than a Simplex. So ya, performance matters.

Here's a can of 'get over it'. Have a spoon full and you should be fine. Your fault and yours only that you bought it. Garrett didn't market it to compete with the Nox like N/M is doing with their SMF. You bought it to try it out and you don't like it. Now you're crying because you can't sell it for the price you want. Boo-Hoo. I don't feel bad for you.
An Apex will spank a Simplex on a saltwater beach all day. It's not even close. It's also great in iron. It's beyond a starter detector and can do more than the Vanquish detectors. However it can't do what a Nox can and Ben is pissed. Too bad for him. If you buy a cheaper detector and expect it to do as much as a 900 dollar detector then you've tricked your own mind. This is all on Ben.
Pure B.S !. Have a brain, use it. If you buy an F 150, common sense will tell you it won't be as fast as a Vette. Garrett didn't market the Apex to compete with the Nox. People always want to pass blame instead of accepting responsibility. If you buy a Vanquish, you won't be expecting Nox like performance.
Yep. Many Nox fans don't want to admit it though. Quest got it right and very innovative on their behalf.
Lol another classic Kajunman rant I see. Anytime someone criticizes Garrett you go off the deep end. You seem to be the only one "pissed" in here. Might want to step away from the computer for a bit. Metal detecting is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. It's not personal not sure why you get so worked up.

I didn't buy the Apex to compete with the nox. I never expected it to be anywhere close. Garrett tried to convince many it would be. I was not fooled for a minute. I buy detectors to test and review them so others don't have to waste their money. I enjoy doing it. I often give away the machines once I'm done. I don't do it for the money. I Lose money on every detector I test and resell or give away. I planned to give the apex to my father in law once I was done testing it. Unfortunately it will be of no use to him. He already has an at pro. Outside of being water proof the apex wouldn't be an upgrade for him. He doesn't hunt beaches.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Oh, they definitely did. They insinuated that the Apex could give comparable performance to the Equinox. Pushing the SMF aspect of the Apex as hard as they did, it was all but saying, "look out Equinox, here we come!"

Yet they didn't price the Apex to compete with the Equinox.

Garrett was trying to ride 2 horses at once: an entry level and an advanced detector, but in 1 machine. It was a mistake and now they're paying the price. What this price is, remains to be seen. I'm confident it's only a small price, though and Garrett will be fine.
NOPE !. N/M is saying it will compete with the Nox. Garrett didn't.

You're the one who brought up performance. An Apex can perform. 175 bucks more ? A nice gold ring on a beach has that covered in a jiffy. And, it can do it better than a Simplex. So ya, performance matters.

Of course I brought up performance, but within the context of price. So yes, performance matters, but at what cost?

Not everyone is able to find a nice gold ring on a beach or can otherwise reasonably expect to make a significant find to justify paying significantly more for a machine.

NOPE !. N/M is saying it will compete with the Nox. Garrett didn't.

Yes they did. Just because a company doesn't use those words doesn't mean they aren't conveying that message.

But I'll humor you for a minute. Let's assume that any comparison b/w the Apex and the Equinox is 100% the fault of the consumer. Well, if enough consumers are making that erroneous comparison, who's job is it to correct the consumer?

Lol another classic Kajunman rant I see. Anytime someone criticizes Garrett you go off the deep end. You seem to be the only one "pissed" in here. Might want to step away from the computer for a bit. Metal detecting is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. It's not personal not sure why you get so worked up.

I didn't buy the Apex to compete with the nox. I never expected it to be anywhere close. Garrett tried to convince many it would be. I was not fooled for a minute. I buy detectors to test and review them so others don't have to waste their money. I enjoy doing it. I often give away the machines once I'm done. I don't do it for the money. I Lose money on every detector I test and resell or give away. I planned to give the apex to my father in law once I was done testing it. Unfortunately it will be of no use to him. He already has an at pro. Outside of being water proof the apex wouldn't be an upgrade for him. He doesn't hunt beaches.

BAWAHHHHAAAAAAAA. Cry me a flooded Texas river. Your fault you bought it. Got news for ya, an Apex will out perform an ATP in iron.

Yes they did. Just because a company doesn't use those words doesn't mean they aren't conveying that message.

But I'll humor you for a minute. Let's assume that any comparison b/w the Apex and the Equinox is 100% the fault of the consumer. Well, if enough consumers are making that erroneous comparison, who's job is it to correct the consumer?

The consumer. Be responsible and quit blaming others.

Of course I brought up performance, but within the context of price. So yes, performance matters, but at what cost?

Not everyone is able to find a nice gold ring on a beach or can otherwise reasonably expect to make a significant find to justify paying significantly more for a machine.

If you hunt jewelry, SMF is the best for that. It doesn't have to be on a beach.

The consumer. Be responsible and quit blaming others.

I'm not blaming anyone. But when you're in the business of selling as many products as possible and you aren't able to b/c you made a mistake while marketing/pricing the product, I doubt your boss is going to accept "oh, the consumers were dumb" excuse.

So the thread is about Nokta Makro's SMF detector that is soon to be released hopefully and what it may or may not be like.

However, there are some things that need to be addressed here.

Kajunman, have a Snickers or something.........The people I know who are super happy with the ACE APEX are people who have upgraded from a heavier, less feature rich, with a tiny display, ACE model or who have moved laterally from either the AT Pro or the AT Gold for the same reasons. The ones that moved from another ACE model or from the AT Pro are delighted with just about everything on the APEX which is just better including those like you mentioned who now have an excellent saltwater beach detector too. The AT Gold folks are really happy too except for the loss of their really good AT Gold all metal mode.

Right off the top of my head, I personally know 11 people who have switched this way and couldn't be happier. I also personally know two great relic hunters, well known on Youtube who actually know what they are doing that are lukewarm on the APEX for anything other than surface to 8" relic hunting and can't wait for the SMF AT series upgrade.

I know several other people (not forum or YouTube people but people I know and trust personally) who wanted to support Garrett, but found out they had downgraded instead of upgrading from their other detector/s. These people who aren't happy are not dumb, and they don't deserve to be derided because they are not happy with how a roughly $500 detector that was thoroughly hyped is performing. $500 can get a person a really good, brand new detector form FTP and Nokta Makro is you shop carefully.

The original Quest Pro (2016) detector you keep referring to was made by Deteknix and was nothing earth shattering especially since it is a repackaged Teknetics T2 internally and even externally. The T2 also is a control box on a stick/handle which is nothing new.........plenty of Whites, First Texas, Minelab (X-Terras and CTX) detectors have used that design way before Deteknix/Quest and XP's collapsible shaft system with control box at the top of the handle came out in 2009 and the CTX was 2012. So enough with how innovative Quest is or isn't.

If you hunt jewelry, SMF is the best for that. It doesn't have to be on a beach.

So why would I buy the Apex for $425 instead of the Vanquish 340 or 440 for $200 and $280 respectively?

I can accept that the Apex may be better than both those machines. But it's a lot harder to make that argument within the context of paying an extra $225 or $150 for the Apex.

BAWAHHHHAAAAAAAA. Cry me a flooded Texas river. Your fault you bought it. Got news for ya, an Apex will out perform an ATP in iron.
Yes it is my fault lol that's what I do. I buy detectors and test them. I have purchased all the major brand detectors over the last few years. Nobody is crying here except for you. You seem like a very angry person. Probably a real blast to detect with [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yes it is my fault lol that's what I do. I buy detectors and test them. I have purchased all the major brand detectors over the last few years. Nobody is crying here except for you. You seem like a very angry person. Probably a real blast to detect with [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I am. I turn people down all the time to go detecting because I have a wife and a business.

Yes it is my fault Finally, we're getting somewhere. Now admit it's your problem you can't sell it for what you want and you will have redeemed yourself.

So why would I buy the Apex for $425 instead of the Vanquish 340 or 440 for $200 and $280 respectively?

I can accept that the Apex may be better than both those machines. But it's a lot harder to make that argument within the context of paying an extra $225 or $150 for the Apex.

BANGHEAD, Apex can do more. Ergo, it cost more.

So the thread is about Nokta Makro's SMF detector that is soon to be released hopefully and what it may or may not be like.

However, there are some things that need to be addressed here.

Kajunman, have a Snickers or something.........The people I know who are super happy with the ACE APEX are people who have upgraded from a heavier, less feature rich, with a tiny display, ACE model or who have moved laterally from either the AT Pro or the AT Gold for the same reasons. The ones that moved from another ACE model or from the AT Pro are delighted with just about everything on the APEX which is just better including those like you mentioned who now have an excellent saltwater beach detector too. The AT Gold folks are really happy too except for the loss of their really good AT Gold all metal mode.

Right off the top of my head, I personally know 11 people who have switched this way and couldn't be happier. I also personally know two great relic hunters, well known on Youtube who actually know what they are doing that are lukewarm on the APEX for anything other than surface to 8" relic hunting and can't wait for the SMF AT series upgrade.

I know several other people (not forum or YouTube people but people I know and trust personally) who wanted to support Garrett, but found out they had downgraded instead of upgrading from their other detector/s. These people who aren't happy are not dumb, and they don't deserve to be derided because they are not happy with how a roughly $500 detector that was thoroughly hyped is performing. $500 can get a person a really good, brand new detector form FTP and Nokta Makro is you shop carefully.

The original Quest Pro (2016) detector you keep referring to was made by Deteknix and was nothing earth shattering especially since it a repackaged Teknetics T2 internally and even externally. The T2 also is a control box on a stick/handle which is nothing new.........plenty of Whites, First Texas, Minelab (X-Terras and CTX) detectors have used that design way before Deteknix/Quest and XP's collapsible shaft system with control box at the top of the handle came out in 2009 and the CTX was 2012. So enough with how innovative Quest is or isn't.

Show me a Teknetics or Whites that looks like an early Quest/Deteknix. No detector looked like that before Quest. I'll wait for the picture.

$500 can get a person a really good, brand new detector form FTP and Nokta Makro is you shop carefully. Cool. How many of them are SMF ?

have a Snickers Gumbo is better.

I am. I turn people down all the time to go detecting because I have a wife and a business.

Yes it is my fault Finally, we're getting somewhere. Now admit it's your problem you can't sell it for what you want and you will have redeemed yourself.
I have a wife and two daughters and a business as well lol. What does that have to do with being angry and not hunting with others?? I enjoy my family and running my business. I also enjoy detecting with others and have a blast doing it. Sounds like maybe your doing it wrong??

It's not that I can't sell it for what I want. The fact is I can't sell it at all. Nobody wants it on any of the forums or ebay. My best offer so far is 2 pinpointers LMAO. I have sold coils for more than that.

BANGHEAD, Apex can do more. Ergo, it cost more.

I agree something that does more can cost more. But how much more can it cost before someone complains or balks at buying it?

I don't think the Apex can enough to justify its higher price. I know many will disagree, but I also know many will agree.

Back
Top Bottom