Found a Musket Ball With Blood on it

Doesn't sound too convincing since it can give false readings if the ground contains iron. That is most places where humans have lived.

That's a different type of testing that looks for iron that is what the police use. The article specifically says this one looks for a specific protein in human blood

"Gallery: Musket ball tests positive for human blood"

WHAAAAT? You mean a place there was a battle, somebody got SHOT!? What the heck!

:)

seriously though, I'm willing to bet there's more than a few musket balls that get pulled that would test positive. I would say, it wouldn't surprise me, at least.

Skippy

Its interesting , but I suspect something is not quite right. 200 years in the ground and protein from human blood can still be identifiable ???? I may be wrong , but that just dont seem possible.

Its interesting , but I suspect something is not quite right. 200 years in the ground and protein from human blood can still be identifiable ???? I may be wrong , but that just dont seem possible.

Unless the lead ball was deformed and trapped some material within the deformation. That's very plausible.

"Gallery: Musket ball tests positive for human blood"

WHAAAAT? You mean a place there was a battle, somebody got SHOT!? What the heck!

:)

seriously though, I'm willing to bet there's more than a few musket balls that get pulled that would test positive. I would say, it wouldn't surprise me, at least.

Skippy

On an excavation on April 16, 2016, member Bill Hermstedt of South River found a musket ball that captured Sivilich's attention. It had on it what appeared to be an impression of fabric, suggesting it hit a human.

The group sent off that musket ball, along with three other types of shot, to Paleo Research Institute, a lab in Golden, Colorado, to examine the items for human blood.

This is what I was thinking also. But I'll leave it to the experts. If they say so. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom