Did the FBI steal the Gold? Anyone know these guys?

Exactly but I doubt we will see much, and most likely it will be just general information and nothing specific as to exactly WHY they followed up on this and invested the time and personnel on it.

I would think the crucial info will be in the survey carried out by Enviroscan; had that turned up "nothing", I doubt the excavation would have gone ahead.

I would think the crucial info will be in the survey carried out by Enviroscan; had that turned up "nothing", I doubt the excavation would have gone ahead.

I do not know anything about this "enviroscan" outfit, but I've done enough posse-searches, and worked along-side archies enough times, that I have concluded that some of these "Experts" think and do the durndest things.

Simple mistakes that any of us md'rs would know/realize in a heartbeat. Like: You're picking up the front of your steel-toed shoe. Or you're picking up the metal ribbing in the building that you're detecting alongside of (rather than something "down").

Again, I do not know the specifics, and the know-how, of this particular person or their equipment-for-this-case. But just sayin' that I have seen so-called experts make the silliest mistakes when it comes to metal detecting and our tools/arsenal. For example : Archies (with university degrees) will make the darned silliest statement/conclusions at times.

And don't forget : Any supposed claim that this enviroscan supposedly said, is quotes that DENNIS propagates. Ie.: It's HIM claiming "they said such & such". These quotes are not coming from Enviroscan. They're coming from Dennis. And he tends to hear and interpret things that are couched in his "prior commitments". Ie.: He only hears (and interprets) everything in terms of "a fabulous treasure". Not saying he would be lying , but just saying that he can pick up individual out-of-context sentences or musings, and presto : Come away with something else .

I do not know anything about this "enviroscan" outfit, but I've done enough posse-searches, and worked along-side archies enough times, that I have concluded that some of these "Experts" think and do the durndest things.

Simple mistakes that any of us md'rs would know/realize in a heartbeat. Like: You're picking up the front of your steel-toed shoe. Or you're picking up the metal ribbing in the building that you're detecting alongside of (rather than something "down").

Again, I do not know the specifics, and the know-how, of this particular person or their equipment-for-this-case. But just sayin' that I have seen so-called experts make the silliest mistakes when it comes to metal detecting and our tools/arsenal. For example : Archies (with university degrees) will make the darned silliest statement/conclusions at times.

And don't forget : Any supposed claim that this enviroscan supposedly said, is quotes that DENNIS propagates. Ie.: It's HIM claiming "they said such & such". These quotes are not coming from Enviroscan. They're coming from Dennis. And he tends to hear and interpret things that are couched in his "prior commitments". Ie.: He only hears (and interprets) everything in terms of "a fabulous treasure". Not saying he would be lying , but just saying that he can pick up individual out-of-context sentences or musings, and presto : Come away with something else .

I completely agree with both those points, particularly the second one...The release of the Enviroscan report should shed light on exactly what went on....

Maybe the FBI checked the site out, thinking he took items from the property. I can't think of any other reason the FBI would get involved. You are not dealing with a mess of clowns at the FBI

And remember they are releasing the documents to him, will the court also receive these documents? If not... he'll hide anything he does not want anyone to see.

.....The release of the Enviroscan report should shed light on exactly what went on....

No light will be shed on treasure vs no-treasure.

Because Mark my words : Dennis will just claim the "report was altered". He will claim that they told him one thing at-the-site, yet are now saying something different. Just watch.

No light will be shed on treasure vs no-treasure.

Because Mark my words : Dennis will just claim the "report was altered". He will claim that they told him one thing at-the-site, yet are now saying something different. Just watch.

The report will be interesting regardless of what Dennis says...If it says they detected "8 tons of buried gold" it will make them look farcical...if it's says they detected "a large metallic anomaly" or something equally vague, that then that puts the spot light back on the FBI to justify the excavation and what happened to the "anomaly"...Hopefully some reasonable science will have been applied to this by the Enviroscan and the FBI, although it would surprise me if the opposite was true....

The report will be interesting regardless of what Dennis says...........

Well, it will be interesting, if it implies "No treasure". Because, sure, the skeptics can point to this and say : "No treasure" and "Dennis is nuts". And you would THINK that this would put an end to the nonsense. Right ? :?:

But no : Dennis will just claim that they said something else in person . Which, of course, he didn't record them saying, so we'll need to go by his recollections and interpretations. Or that any "report" they give now, has been altered, white-washed, forged, etc....

So the issue will not go away. Just like Area 51, 9-11, or JFK conspiracies: They never go away.

I wonder if, 200 yrs. from now, there will be a Oak Island like show, where heavy equipment is brought in to dig the heck out of this D.R. area ? :?:

I wonder if, 200 yrs. from now, there will be a Oak Island like show, where heavy equipment is brought in to dig the heck out of this D.R. area ? :?:

The area will be underwater... divers will have to hunt it and maybe find some planted targets the soap opera stars who are on it now forgot to dig :lol:

Some could say Tom-in-CA is the Grinch who stole treasure legends and dreams :laughing: Worthy of a funny photo edit GKL , hint , hint :laughing:

No ! Don't encourage him ! My museum garage cabinet display sides are running out of room for all these cartoons ! :roll:

Sorry Tom, I found this pic to edit you and the treasure map into and well..... you can thank Dave for suggesting the idea :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Tom got treasure map.jpg

If this gold exists, it was stolen from the confederate states and should be returned to the descendants of the people living in confederate states at the time.
I demand the return of my share of the gold.

Dude in the video (Denis' son?) said they used a gravimeter. That's how they know it was nine tons of gold down there several feet/yards.
Now I'm scared. That sounds too realistic!
Maybe Minelab is or should be working on a gravimeter coil? I want one for the Equinox. No more aluminum scrap digging!

Dude in the video (Denis' son?) said they used a gravimeter. ....

I dunno anything about that. But gee, didn't you also hear that they used dowsing rods ? And the rods pointed to the location. Honest, no-tilting-of-hands/wrists.

I'll bet I can get each of those same two to go off in my own backyard. So ........ gee .... ya can't argue with dowsing rods and gravimeters.

Excuse me now while I go to my backyard and dig a fabulous fortune ! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom