The FBI Files: Dents Run Civil War Gold

All you guys involved in this thread have wasted so much time and energy that could have been spent doing other things...

There was no gold there... the guy is pulling your chain just like the brothers on Oak Island....

It amazes how easy it is to hook people into believing BS....

"Are you not entertained?!" I enjoy the research and the challenge of solving the puzzle, otherwise i'd just be watching Netlfix wasting time. I know a few people who are wasting their time and money though, 30+ years of it:

- Dennis should have trusted his gut when he was saying to himself about the psychic, "I'm hearing all this...thinking B.S., B.S".

- Or Dennis should trust the Psychics son, Keith, who says of his fathers alleged "psychic" abilities in the Atlantic article:

amap3.jpg

All you guys involved in this thread have wasted so much time and energy that could have been spent doing other things...

There was no gold there... the guy is pulling your chain just like the brothers on Oak Island....

It amazes how easy it is to hook people into believing BS....

No, it's not time wasted. I never believed gold was there. I live close by and have been to the site. It makes for very entertaining reading.

Oh gee, you're no fun ! :p

Correct. And if it wasn't for detectives and analysts and whiners like us, the world might have thought otherwise ! :laughing:

Do what you want.... wouldn't it be more enjoyable going out and hunting?

I'm out of ammo. Went through a couple hundred rounds a few months ago, can't afford any more...lol.

Take up bow hunting... I am sure you know... I was talking about hunting the dirt....

I reload don't have to worry about buying expensive rounds...

Speaking of rounds,I got lost once and remembered about firing 3 rounds as a SOS,Thinking my buddies would hear,I fired 3 rounds,waited an hour,no buddies.Fired 3 more,waited another hour,no buddies.Fired 3 more,another hour no buddies so started out and eventually found my way to our camp,gave buddies heck,told my story.One buddy said,why didn,t you fire some more? Well,I ran out of arrows! For GoDeep,I,m Crashbandicoot from TN.

Further documented incidents of possible false statements by Plaintiff:

Once the files were released and Plaintiff started doing all kinds of interviews, an avalanche of evidence became available, allowing us to go back in the record and verify previous claims.

Fresh on the heels of the revelation that Plaintiffs "Map" that allegedly showed where the gold was buried, wasn't some historical map, but a modern sketch by a Psychic, i went back to compare his previous statements, and as has been a frequent MO of his in the past, it turns out he again mislead and deceived us with lies of omission into believing it was some old historical treasure map:

1. In Exhibit 1, Plaintiff States, "How I found the map..." This statement is completely false. He did not find any map, he was sketched a map by his psychic.

2. In Exhibit 2, Plaintiff States, "How did I locate a map to find the site". This is again very misleading and untrue. He didn't "locate" a map. That directly implies that an (presumably old) map was already out there, and he located it. The truth is, his psychic drew it, he didn't locate any map whatsoever. This statement is simply false.

3. In Exhibit 3, Plaintiff states, "The Person that gave me the map in 1974 is still alive". This is misleading. Notice how he says he was "given" the map? To be given the map implies that someone already had a map (presumably an old map) and gave it to him. Had he been truthful he would have said, "The Person that drew me the map..."

Conclusion: Looking back over the record, and with the benefit of recently released evidence, we are finding that we were misled to a degree we never realized or imagined at the time. It is clear to me that Plaintiff wanted us to believe he had "found" some old map that led to the treasure. Nowhere does he mention that it was a recent map, nor a map sketched by his psychic, key lies of omission to further mislead us.

Exhibit 1
amap5.jpg

Exhibit 2
amap4.jpg

Exhibit 3
amap6.jpg

Last edited:
...Nowhere does he mention that it was a recent map, nor a map sketched by his psychic, ...

And what a shame that was ^ ^ If he had mentioned this, he would have increased his credibility 10-fold ! Tsk tsk. :roll:

And what a shame that was ^ ^ If he had mentioned this, he would have increased his credibility 10-fold ! Tsk tsk. :roll:

What gets me Tom is, yes, i already knew he liked to overstate and embellish things, but i'm shocked and just how outright dishonest he was being with everyone. And it hasn't let up, he just made another statement the other day that has several dishonest statements in it, which I'll try to detail tomorrow night. It's getting so almost every statement he makes is either false, misleading or intentionally leaving out pertinent facts to shape the narrative.

Last edited:
I'll state it again. There's nothing wrong with spinnng tall tales of alleged found treasure. The problem is when you try to profit from that tall tale. For example, if he's charging for his treasure hunting service based on his "found" Dent's Run treasure. That's fraud, plain and simple. His website does seem to be trying to profit from his false claims of found treasure. Not right and not legal, in my opinion.

What gets me Tom is, yes, i already knew he liked to overstate and embellish things, but i'm shocked and just how outright dishonest he was being with everyone. ....

And you have to ask yourself : Why did the story take off and run-like wildfire ? Eg.: News sources picked it up (after Dennis bangs on their door long enough). And md'ing forums/social media picks up believers, etc... Why is that ? If it were any other claim (like a UFO claim, or a leprechauns under my bed story), then: No one would have given it any attention.

So ask yourself : Why can such an easily dismissed/disproved story get all this fan-fair, in this case ? Here's why : Because when it comes to "treasure", we tend to put our scrutiny and skepticism aside. It's human nature that no one wants to be "left out". No one wants to be laughed at all-the-way- to the bank. :roll:

I'll state it again. There's nothing wrong with spinnng tall tales of alleged found treasure. The problem is when you try to ....

Yes, there are scores of legends that get debated, get sought for, etc.... No harm no foul. Eg.: Oak Island, Yamashita, Lost Dutchman, blah blah blah. And sure, md'rs debate those, poke fun, etc...

But in this particular case, it's gone beyond someone's own personal finances. It's gone beyond people's mere subjective opinions. It's now entered into the realm of 1) Govt finances . Ie.: Yours & I's tax-payer dollar and yours & I's hobbyist reputation, 2) entered into the realm of claiming objective facts, which now enter into media-as-such . And no longer subjective fancy. 3) Even screwing up some otherwise great social media platforms.

As such, this Dents Run particular story has gone beyond various other campfire story yarns.

And you have to ask yourself : Why did the story take off and run-like wildfire ?

The main reason it (re) gained such a big traction: The FBI. His story was all but dead and buried, until the FBI became involved, which gave it an air of credibility it never deserved. And even though they found nothing, since it was the FBI, distrust and conspiracy theories now flourish due to their involvement.

Though i have noticed since these two threads (one now deleted of course) have been up for about a half year now, and the Popular Mechanics and Atlantic article came out that questioned the narrative, the stories in the Press have really died down. FinderKeeper was quick to go to the press when he won parts of his motion, but wasn't so keen to go to them when he lost significant parts of it. I don't have evidence that any journalists or the DOJ have seen these threads, so i can't say for sure it's having an effect, but i suspect so, as key word searches turn up this thread (and used to turn up my old thread).

I'll state it again. There's nothing wrong with spinnng tall tales of alleged found treasure. The problem is when you try to profit from that tall tale. For example, if he's charging for his treasure hunting service based on his "found" Dent's Run treasure. That's fraud, plain and simple. His website does seem to be trying to profit from his false claims of found treasure. Not right and not legal, in my opinion.

I'll add too, sure, i know everyone spins their treasure tales, but in addition to the profit you mention, unlike blindbowman spinning his treasure tales, as Tom of Ca noted, FinderKeeper brought actual lawsuits against the DOJ, and has publicly accused them of lying and a coverup (at least in his forum posts, in his actual lawsuit, his attorneys been more careful and hasn't explicitly accused them of lying). The biggest irony of it all: it's been exposed Plaintiff himself is the one lying and running a coverup!

I predicted once before, should he bring another suit and actually bring those accusations without evidence in his actual court filings, he'll be the one paying the DOJ punitive damages...

Last edited:
The main reason it (re) gained such a big traction: The FBI. His story was all but dead and buried, until the FBI became involved, which gave it an air of credibility ...

Good points. Before that, it was just one of dozens of silly campfire yarns. And no one gets "booted" for being a skeptic. Since, after all, it's subjective opinion, not objective facts, that are being discussed.

But when this FBI thing started, then you're right : Presto: HOW DARE YOU say that there's not some fabulous treasure here. Ie.: where there's smoke, there HAS to be fire. :roll:

And here's a funny twist on this psychology : Notice that people will often go to poke fun at LEO's as being the keystone cops & incompetent . Ie.: We all like to sit around and gripe about our government, bureaucracy, supposed corruption, etc.... So then, why is it that : All of the sudden there *must* be a fabulous treasure, when the govt. fell-for the story and started digging ? All of the sudden that supposedly adds credibility to the story. Why ? These are the very same people that will ..... in the next breath, say that govt. agencies do silly wasteful things .... ALL THE TIME ! See the irony ?

But for some strange reason, when the tables are reversed for something we all want *ssseeeoooo hard* to believe , that Presto: The FBI could *never* be making a mistake in this case. There HAS to be a treasure, the minute you've inserted the word "FBI" in there. Eh ? :shock:

Good points. Before that, it was just one of dozens of silly campfire yarns. And no one gets "booted" for being a skeptic. Since, after all, it's subjective opinion, not objective facts, that are being discussed.

But when this FBI thing started, then you're right : Presto: HOW DARE YOU say that there's not some fabulous treasure here. Ie.: where there's smoke, there HAS to be fire. :roll:

And here's a funny twist on this psychology : Notice that people will often go to poke fun at LEO's as being the keystone cops & incompetent . Ie.: We all like to sit around and gripe about our government, bureaucracy, supposed corruption, etc.... So then, why is it that : All of the sudden there *must* be a fabulous treasure, when the govt. fell-for the story and started digging ? All of the sudden that supposedly adds credibility to the story. Why ? These are the very same people that will ..... in the next breath, say that govt. agencies do silly wasteful things .... ALL THE TIME ! See the irony ?

But for some strange reason, when the tables are reversed for something we all want *ssseeeoooo hard* to believe , that Presto: The FBI could *never* be making a mistake in this case. There HAS to be a treasure, the minute you've inserted the word "FBI" in there. Eh ? :shock:

Who was booted?

Back
Top Bottom