• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Gold of 2017

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I have been so busy with life recently...my first two targets where the Gold and Tungsten rings...

I'm not mentioning names but I recently watched a you tube video of some friends hunting a beach I hadn't been to in over 10 years.. I knew right away where they were hunting so I invited myself to some of the gold :D Its a quality maker... surprised me with its weight 6.9 grams... found some silver as well and the 3 ringer was a nice score... I also like the knife...

My camera died before the holidays but I hadn't hunted so I had nothing to show anyway... I borrowed my wife's phone to take the pictures...

I never take my camera or if I owned a GoPro for this very reason... by the landmarks they posted it was easy to see where they hunted :)

Attachments

• 20170110_185320.jpg
    20170110_185320.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 656
  • 20170110_185353.jpg
    20170110_185353.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 715
:dingding: Very glad to see you get out there for some "YOU" time amidst your personal issues and scoring nicely!

I have been so busy with life recently...my first two targets where the Gold and Tungsten rings...

I'm not mentioning names but I recently watched a you tube video of some friends hunting a beach I hadn't been to in over 10 years.. I knew right away where they were hunting so I invited myself to some of the gold :D

I never take my camera or if I owned a GoPro for this very reason... by the landmarks they posted it was easy to see where they hunted :)

This very point was brought up recently in a thread. I always try to keep any identifying landmarks or structures out of my pictures, whenever I've takem them - especially the beaches I like to keep more to myself.

Nice work man!!

Way to get started for the new year, congrats!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice... ;)

Way to go Craig I like the ring!!!

Thanks Schell... I see you are pretty close to me.. I'm in Norwalk although I wasn't hunting here ;)

Congrats on your great scores. I stayed til 5:00 PM and dug a few more holes but the gold and silver eluded me. You are the master!

Good seeing you Charlie... that smell at that beach is pretty bad.. must b that seaweed dying.

:dingding: Very glad to see you get out there for some "YOU" time amidst your personal issues and scoring nicely!

This very point was brought up recently in a thread. I always try to keep any identifying landmarks or structures out of my pictures, whenever I've takem them - especially the beaches I like to keep more to myself.

It was finally good to get out Felix... it was a reprieve for sure... I might try to do it again tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Very nice!

Thanks Zeplin.

Good to see you're out hunting Craig. You've scored ten times the weight of my first gold for 2017. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200... but at today's melt you may collect $153.48 in exchange for that ring. :laughing:

R5

So for you, U-Tube video's are a great wealth of information. Nice going Craig. Glad you were able to relax and find treasure while living a busy life.

Hope more comes your way soon.

Last edited:
Good to see you finally had some time out, And with a nice chunk of treasure!! And nothing like an invitation from the Youtube poster! Lay it out there and they will come....

Congrats on the nice gold ring! And the silvers! :pirate:

Thanks Ground...

Really glad you were able to get out and detect Craig!

I was to Ron... its been quite a while getting any time to hunt...

Great start!
Lucks definately taken a turn for the better.
Might be time to "visit" the Doc ;)

Thanks AQ.. I had a follow up visit to my "Dr" and she said the infection appeared to be healed... it was scary for a while. as to the other thing.. yeah, yeah ;)

:clap::clap: congrats on that nice looking ring nice hunt how did Robert do out there :detector: :gettinmoney::cool:

Thanks Angel was enjoyable hunting...

congrats on the first of 2017.

Thanks Steve

Nice weight to that baby Craig- congrats on getting on the board for 2017! :yes:

Thanks George...

Good to see you're out hunting Craig. You've scored ten times the weight of my first gold for 2017. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200... but at today's melt you may collect $153.48 in exchange for that ring. :laughing:

R5

Raider.. first thing I did was check the weight because I guessed it was 5 grams.. I'm rusty from not holding gold ;)

So for you, U-Tube video's are a great wealth of information. Nice going Craig. Glad you were able to relax and find treasure while living a busy life.

Hope more comes your way soon.

I wouldn't say they were a great wealth of info.. for me they are fun to watch sure beats listening to the wife nagging about something :D with my headphones on I am all alone in my mind ;)

I posted what I did because one should leave the camera or GoPRO at home if they are serious about keeping spots to themselves... there are thousands of eyes on the net that do not post on these forums who they are sharing their spots with... that was my point to my post.

Going Craig, glad you found some hunt time, and it payed off, congrats, Earl

Thanks Earl...

Good to see you finally had some time out, And with a nice chunk of treasure!! And nothing like an invitation from the Youtube poster! Lay it out there and they will come....

Thanks Joe.. this particular beach was a perfect spot for the skullies... that ring was so deep there was no tone when I switched over to disc and even after a couple scoops it was a broken tone in disc until I was able to take a couple more scoops..

Glad to see you back Craig. Congrats on the goodies !!

Thanks Jim..

Thats a solid start for the Year! Nice score and good work on plundering that site from the vid!
Mud

Thanks Mud... my favorite time to hunt is the winter months.. cold I can deal with as I work outside.. and saltwater doesn't freeze much unless its super cold for extended periods.

Back
Top Bottom