Tips from 25 years detecting

KT benefited tremendously from joining this Forum and reading many posts, but this has to be one of the best for the newbie! And for other mders who have grown a bit tired of the hobby! Great advice to rejuvenate your hunts!

Thanks for posting!

Welcome from Long Island, New York.

Thank you for an excellent post. People like you who are willing to share their experience and knowledge are what really make this forum as good as it is.

I have learned so much here.

Do you like the whites v3, I am wondering if the FBS 28 frequecies is too much info for the processor to process and perhaps 3 frequencys would be better.

Sir, your thread is right on point. I'm new to the forum but also very new to MD'ing. I started yesterday with a gift from my wife given to me about 5 years ago. While I may be a newbie, my age has graced me with enough wisdom and common sense to mirror your tips without a single bit of pre advice. I'm not bragging other than being glad I was born before common sense was made a swear word.
I especially like your tip on digging up anything & not just for coins. Reading some tips of 'how to use' it in other sites, people were promoting(and bragging) on how to AVOID digging up 'trash'. That trash just may be a treasure I can use in my American Revolution re-enactments. In fact, getting my feet wet in my own back yard netted me some oddball hardware of no value but also a 7" pure copper funnel in great condition.
You young newbies out there, re read this post often and don't forget it.

Many thanks

This has to be, one of the best post that I've ever read. I'm setting here now, watching it rain, foaming at the bit with anticipation to go dig up something after reading that!
I bet he's out digging something up right now, as were sitting here reading his post. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom