Set up my CTX Waterproof headpones on my new Nox 800

Digsalot

Forum Supporter
Finally got a NOX 800. Actually ended up with 2. I ordered one for the wife from the K store in February and got tired of waiting. Was told the day before that I was #83 on the list:( Emailed a few small dealers and found one available. Well within an hour of getting a shipping notification from the small dealer I got another shipping notification from the K store. I told the wife that it was meant to be :D she looked at me like, sure :roll:.
Anyways I ordered the Anderson rod and decided to adapt the CTX headphones that I had already made to the NOX. I drilled a hole for the wire to run inside the shaft to the tail end of the rod. Installed a female CTX connector (had to grind on it a bit) to the end. What I like about it is that you can just leave it attached to the control box and put a dust cap on the end when your not using the waterproof phones. Lowers the chances of getting debris in the control box connector. Also the headphone cord stays behind you and out of the way.
Now all's I have to do is find the time to go to the beach and try it out :yes:.
Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• IMG_1660r.jpg
    IMG_1660r.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_1665r.jpg
    IMG_1665r.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_1662r.jpg
    IMG_1662r.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_1666r.jpg
    IMG_1666r.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 805
ha, I did the same for my wife (who never hunts)...she has a 3030 and a PI :laughing:

Fantastic work brotha', love the idea of rerouting the headphone wire. Might have to steal that for myself. :D

Looks really good and clean. :yes:

What connector did you use to connect the EQX to the CTX connector? Would it work to use the CTX GG headphones?

Oh, and that looks awesome btw, great work!

Clean, and should easy the stress on the main plug. Very nice work!

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!:yes:

Hey Adam. The connector for the CTX headphones I got from Mouser Electronics. You have to grind the nut edges of to make it fit in the shaft. Only 3 of the 8 pins are used. Not sure why Minelab went with an 8 pin connector for the headphones.:?: Yes it should work with the GG phones and any other phones for the CTX. The connector on the NOX side has to be made by drilling out a male connector and, carfully epoxying a phone jack into it.

Attachments

• IMG_1718r_edited-1 copy.jpg
    IMG_1718r_edited-1 copy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1721r.jpg
    IMG_1721r.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 662
Hey buddy. How you been?? Looks like you quit using that fine ML GT you made. Do you still have it? I have mine but nobody wants to buy them now. :laughing:

That's a great connector, holds up much better to the saltwater. Same I use on the xcal endcaps.

Attachments

• 17355141_1345546145513301_1246121897_n.jpg
    17355141_1345546145513301_1246121897_n.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 228
That's freakin awesome! If you ever decide to make and sell those connectors, i'd be interested in one. Love how you routed it through the CF shaft. Very clean and functional. Should have come that way from the factory.
Just curious, but could you also run the coil wire inside the shaft, just below where the headphone wires passes through?

That's a great connector, holds up much better to the saltwater. Same I use on the xcal endcaps.
Yes it is Joe. I ordered several so that I have some backups:D
Great looking WP connection.
Thanks

That's freakin awesome! If you ever decide to make and sell those connectors, i'd be interested in one. Love how you routed it through the CF shaft. Very clean and functional. Should have come that way from the factory.
Just curious, but could you also run the coil wire inside the shaft, just below where the headphone wires passes through?
Thanks. The connector has to be soldered, epoxied and assembled after the wire is run through the shaft so it would be difficult to make up a kit.
I thought about the same thing on running the coil cable through the shaft but you would have to eliminate the locking pin along with having to cut and splice the cable because of the connector.

Nice bit of work there!
Thanks

Hey buddy. How you been?? Looks like you quit using that fine ML GT you made. Do you still have it? I have mine but nobody wants to buy them now. :laughing:
Hey Greg, not doing to bad other than working more than I'd like:lol:. Yep I still have my GT I haven't used it much since I got my CTX. Now I'll have to see if I like the NOX more than the CTX

Back
Top Bottom