Is the DRS X1 Pro a legitimate machine?

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. I was looking for a 327 engine block that went missing while renovating a 1967 Corvette. We have huge gophers and squirrels here in Idaho plus sink holes pop up about once a month, so I thought this might do the trick.

Didn't find the engine block, but found $2.56 in clad so she should pay for herself in about 45 more years.

Finally found the 327 using my Xterra 705 in All Engine Block mode. Basically discriminated out everything except engine blocks and beaver tails (of course). It was about 20' up an old oak tree in a squirrel's nest. Glad it wasn't in the sink hole.

It's for sale, although I'd hate to get rid of her before she's paid for herself.

Hope this helps. P.M. if you're interested, might trade for squirrel traps.

I found this machine from this link and am interested in purchasing it. Is the machine good? Does anyone own this machine or perhaps anything from DRS for that matter? https://www.metaldetector.com/drs-proradar-x1-pro

Interesting information on their website. I think it's for real.
http://www.drselectronics.eu/

With these specialized (and expensive) scanning detectors, though, there are various technologies and approaches used. You really want to talk to people who know something about them to make sure you are using the right technology and machine for whatever it is you have in mind.

I've noticed that Nokta/Macro have some scanning detectors. If they work, they might represent good bang for the buck.

Want to buy a bridge?
Oh...maybe not such a good idea, because you might end up throwing yourself off of it when you discover that you just gave shysters that much hard earned for a quackbox.

Run Forrest! Run!

1st post on a detecting forum tells me little to no experience....asking about purchasing an $11,000 machine? Makes perfect sense :laughing:

Somebody bought a treasure map off Ebay......

Not bogus at all. You should visit the company's website, posted above. Scanning detector systems are serious business, but have somewhat specialized uses. Note that some of the hobby detector makers such as Nokta/Macro also make (expensive) scanning detectors.
+1

Gotta say at least once a year we see a post about trying to find a treasure chest. Seriously. Folks are asking questions about finding targets 5-20 feet under rock or soil, using them from a helicopter, or a fast moving vehicle. AGain, I'm dead serious.

So yes, there are legitimate detecting systems is this realm, albeit a niche market and with many features that function "contextually."

Buy it with a GoPro, Take it over to a totlot or sports field and start recording and swinging away. Post a link on Youtube and show us how it works. I'd be will to try that just as soon as I win the next Powerball drawing and am looking for a way to waste it. Either that or we should recruit Mud to cash in his morning clad stab and give it a shot.

+1

Gotta say at least once a year we see a post about trying to find a treasure chest. Seriously. Folks are asking questions about finding targets 5-20 feet under rock or soil, using them from a helicopter, or a fast moving vehicle. AGain, I'm dead serious.

So yes, there are legitimate detecting systems is this realm, albeit a niche market and with many features that function "contextually."

To some degree, science has caught up to the fiction. Ground penetrating radar and other systems may not be able to tell you the detected object is Captain Kid's chest of gold doubloons, but they will map pipes, voids and other density anomalies. Various industries, the military, and law enforcement have been using these technologies (there are several) for decades.

Depth and info provided depends on the technology. Nokta has just come out with the Invenio, which at $10k is an interesting VLF scanning detector, the scanner part of which doesn't look much different from our coin-hunting machines.

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/ca...MItJWJ_cn93AIVAdbACh31-gvsEAQYASABEgJRCvD_BwE

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/5961-nokta-invenio-imaging-system/

Heck yes they work. They separate the buyer from their hard earned money and give nothing in return except make huge profit for the companies that sell them.

When you complain that they do not work you will be told that you are not using it correctly.

Only Greedy scam artists sell that junk. Of course they will say they are only meeting the demand for them.

Ground penetrating radar and other systems may not be able to tell you the detected object is Captain Kid's chest of gold doubloons, but they will map pipes, voids and other density anomalies.
I've worked with GPR on several occasions. Some machines were better than others. One machine I could see the mold marks on rebar that was buried 3 feet in concrete. Another machine could make out the detail of a handle on a metal access door of a buried room -- a room located 4-5 feet under a vehicular road that had 2 layers of asphalt, clay brickpavers and 18-24 of compressed agg.

Yep, it is neat tech. We made an effort to try using one GPR in the sand and it was awful. Try to envision a 12" screen that shows 48 bottle caps. Each one buried in 2" layers, going down 84-96" deep. Discerning the data was difficult.

Back
Top Bottom