Detecting Parks Is Hard Work...I Have To Sit Down

Congrats on an outstanding hunt and checking off a major bucket lister! That one Indian is immaculate as well.:yes:

This was the most exciting article on hunting/digging that I have ever read. Congrats on a super "what the heck" give it a try, that's the kind of hunting I like to do but have never found more than clad and rusted beyond recognition.

Just the facts, no high tech mumbo jumbo theories or guesses sans personal opinion and conjecture. Posts like this others can understand, learn from, apply, and use.

Good job AT, thanks for taking the time and CONGRATS on some cool finds..

Super story AT, and great coins. I have to note that we just posted finding seated coins on the same day....(twilight zone theme..)

Now get out in them there fields and find us some marbles!

Wow a seated quarter and in a park at that! No wonder I've only found 2 seated dimes and no quarters, I all but refuse to hunt parks.[emoji1] Huge congratulations to you.

Thanks ecmo!! There’s your problem....get into those parks, and you’ll be floating in Seated coins in no time!! :lol: But seriously, this hunt has single-handedly changed my mind about spending some time at old parks if I don’t have any permissions lined up!

Nice hunt and nice write-up, congrats!

Thanks JimR!

Awesome hunt and recoveries. Love the post and pics. Congrats on the seated!

Thanks Beachhunter! I really appreciate you taking a look!

Awesome story and finds... I've yet to hit a park but think it's about time to get into a couple

Thanks BigD! Yep, it can certainly be fun and interesting - if the park has some history to it, you really just never know what might turn up!

Great finds. For the rare occasion that I find a nice silver I carry a small medicine bottle that has a number of cotton balls in it. Anything I don't want to damage gets placed in the bottle between cotton balls I carry it in my finds pouch so it is always available.

Thanks George! That’s a good solution also. I’ll probably do that also to provide extra protection once I spray future finds clean, or for those that won’t easily spray clean.

Congrats on an outstanding hunt and checking off a major bucket lister! That one Indian is immaculate as well.:yes:

Thanks Waveoff! It really is a unforgettable hunt for me - the coins, the unlikely location, and how it unfolded with the nail masking the quarter...I think this kind of hunt was on my bucket list, I just didn’t know it yet!

This was the most exciting article on hunting/digging that I have ever read. Congrats on a super "what the heck" give it a try, that's the kind of hunting I like to do but have never found more than clad and rusted beyond recognition.

Thanks Zr800! Wow! I really appreciate the kind words!! I’m glad you enjoyed reading about the hunt - I certainly enjoy sharing the adventure!

Just the facts, no high tech mumbo jumbo theories or guesses sans personal opinion and conjecture. Posts like this others can understand, learn from, apply, and use.

Good job AT, thanks for taking the time and CONGRATS on some cool finds..

Thanks normx2!! I truly appreciate that high praise! A part of the joy of this hobby for me is sharing the excitement of the hunt and the history, so I really have fun writing up my more interesting hunts in the hopes that others can enjoy the ride, too :yes:

Super story AT, and great coins. I have to note that we just posted finding seated coins on the same day....(twilight zone theme..)

Now get out in them there fields and find us some marbles!

Thanks teotw!! I saw your post on your seated dime find...fantastic condition and detail on that one!! I replied in that thread, but I tried to pretend there was no weird parallel universe type thing going on...twilight zone stuff always creeps me out :lol::lol:

C’mon now, you know the deal...I can’t find any marbles until you post one! If synchronized detecting ever becomes an Olympic sport, we’re gold! :lol:

Thanks for the outstanding write up! Felt like I was there with you! That seated quarter is in great shape and the Indian is amazing.

I came back to read your post. I love it! You disproved your own misconception that this local park wasn't worth your time. Then you gave clear examples of detecting zincolns and injuns in the same area. This is helpful info for people looking to learn. Then another clear example of what it's like to detect a deep silver quarter with a big rust/iron nail masking it. We all love it when that happens!
You have good equipment, good skills, and a good location. It's great how you are advancing beyond the limits of your preconceived notions. I can really relate to that! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom