Good upgrade?

Merijn

Hi, I want to upgrade to a new metaldetector. At the moment I have the Garret ace 250, but I feel like I am ready for something better. I had a budget for around 600 euros in mind maybe even 700 euros. I like finding military stuff the most, but I live in the south of the netherlands (brabant) so I dont think there is a lot of military stuff left to be found. Thats why it maybe is better to buy a metaldetector that can find "anything" so an all around detector? I hope you can help me with this because I am realy struggling to choose a new detector. Some people recommended the Rutus Alter 71. Do any of you have experience with the rutus?

Sorry for my bad english (not a native speaker)

Hi, I want to upgrade to a new metaldetector. At the moment I have the Garret ace 250, but I feel like I am ready for something better. I had a budget for around 600 euros in mind maybe even 700 euros. I like finding military stuff the most, but I live in the south of the netherlands (brabant) so I dont think there is a lot of military stuff left to be found. Thats why it maybe is better to buy a metaldetector that can find "anything" so an all around detector? I hope you can help me with this because I am realy struggling to choose a new detector. Some people recommended the Rutus Alter 71. Do any of you have experience with the rutus?

F75 SE LTD or an AT Max are a couple of good choices as well. Both offer many coil options as well , by way of after market or from the manufacturer.

Thank you verry much for your fast reply's :)

I also heard the XP GoldMaxx Power and a Ruttus are verry good detectors to. Do any of you guys have experience with them?

I rock an whites mxsport thats really close to your budget. Its a GREAT all around waterproof detector that puts many in the same price range to shame.

Is there anyting cheaper you guys can recommend? And are there more peopel who had good experiences with the whites mx sports?

Makro Racer 2

I upgraded from an Ace 350 to a Makro Racer 2 and I could not be happier.

Is there anyting cheaper you guys can recommend? And are there more peopel who had good experiences with the whites mx sports?

The Garrett AT Pro is cheaper and is a good all around machine. It's waterproof as well. I don't know what a Rutus would cost over there. A Teknetics , Patriot is a great machine for the money. You should give that detector a hard look. That's a lot of detector for 400 American dollars.

The Garrett AT Pro is cheaper and is a good all around machine. It's waterproof as well. I don't know what a Rutus would cost over there. A Teknetics , Patriot is a great machine for the money. You should give that detector a hard look. That's a lot of detector for 400 American dollars.

Yes, the patriot (same as fisher F70) is a bargain for the price. I've had an F70 for almost a year now and it was my very first detector. Made tons of great finds with it. Just look up Digger27's posts on the F70.

If you can get one there........

Tejon_Face_View-300x405.jpg

Garrett ACE 400 or the AT-Pro

I would upgrade to a Detector with the VDI # it helps ID targets better
I carry a full line of Detectors give me a call
dennis

I had the MX Sport with all the updates. It was ok. I just didn't love it. It's good not great. After trying to really gel with it for a year, I gave up and traded it. In the end, it was just too heavy for me. I traded for a Sorex pro and found true happiness.

I own both the AT Pro and the Rutus. Both are good choices IMO.

I would recommend the Rutus. It has great stock programs but allows you to customize almost any setting. So it's great as a beginner and will still be great when you learn the ins and out of detecting and how to dial in your detector.

Plus that Hodograph gives you a lot of information when added to the tone and VDI.

For the price it's a great choice, but I have no experience beyond the AT-Pro and the Rutus.

Back
Top Bottom