My first HALO ring! Massive stone!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Too bad it's completely fake.

Grrrr. Ring #91 for the year. Ah well, at least I have a halo ring in a decent picture for the year-end book.

LOL

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• ring 91.jpg
    ring 91.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Ring 91-2.jpg
    Ring 91-2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 231
Finding a ring like that is a big rush when you first unearth it, but then you get thrown to the ground when you find out that it's fake. It's still a good looking ring though. Big Congrats!

beephead

Finding a ring like that is a big rush when you first unearth it, but then you get thrown to the ground when you find out that it's fake. It's still a good looking ring though. Big Congrats!

beephead

Fortunately, it wasn't "too bad" for me, as it rang up solid 77. As soon as I saw it wasn't a penny, and the thin band (it was pressed sideways into the earth, and all I could see was the outline and the ring hole), I figured it was a junker. When pulled it out, my brain switched to "hope against all odds" mode, but it was too light. Then a quick swipe showed it was plated, and an inspection of jewels showed it was glued together.

Agree though. Fun to have a bit of excitement. :) Made me start wishing it HAD been real!

Skippy

Thats REAL! I swear Skip, how are you ever going to get ahead in this Sport if you dont know a real from a fake by now?:laughing::laughing:

Wanna buy it? I'll send it to you. All you have to do is send me an autographed copy of your $9.95 book, first. Steal of the century, there. :)

Skip!

Wanna buy it? I'll send it to you. All you have to do is send me an autographed copy of your $9.95 book, first. Steal of the century, there. :)

Skip!

Mud you have a book!? It isnt about detecting totlots is it? Skippy congrats on yet another ring! I have finally put three on the board myself! 😄 Happy Hunting!

MetalHead

Back
Top Bottom