Found a round ball but......

TerryEastTexas

Forum Supporter
It's a .65 cal or 16 mm. I'm not familiar with this caliber nor do I know any background or history. I don't know if it's civilian or military. It was found near an 1860'd house site. I can tell it's white underneath all the dirt. Any information is appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_3677.JPG
    100_3677.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 566
Being just a spherical lead object, with no identifying features, I think just narrowing it down to a round ball shot of a large caliber will be the best you can do on this. ...or you can speculate it was one of Buffalo Bill's handmade rounds; made specifically for his one of a kind, custom made sixty six caliber buffalo duster long gun. He used to claim at his shows in the 1880s, that this incredible weapon could fire a shot "from here to Texas", right before he raised it, and fired one; aiming for Texas. Nobody could prove him wrong. Now, maybe you can prove him right!

...it was one of Buffalo Bill's handmade rounds; made specifically for his one of a kind, custom made sixty six caliber buffalo duster long gun. He used to claim at his shows in the 1880s, that this incredible weapon could fire a shot "from here to Texas", right before he raised it, and fired one; aiming for Texas.

Haha. Yes! This reminds me of the finds that those 2 annoying guys on that "Diggers" show speculate about! As if their rolling around in the dirt and hoopin' and hollerin' ain't enough.

(My apologies to blasting your thread and to those who love that show)

Haha. Yes! This reminds me of the finds that those 2 annoying guys on that "Diggers" show speculate about! As if their rolling around in the dirt and hoopin' and hollerin' ain't enough.

(My apologies to blasting your thread and to those who love that show)

What "diggers" show? (real question.)

Many US and Frnech muskets same caliber

It's a .65 cal or 16 mm. I'm not familiar with this caliber nor do I know any background or history. I don't know if it's civilian or military. It was found near an 1860'd house site. I can tell it's white underneath all the dirt. Any information is appreciated.

.69, or .64/.65 was a VERY COMMON caliber for the French muskets of the Revolutionary War Era (Charleville), but some British Fusils were the same caliber. Later, most US muskets from the 1790s to 1842 were .69 caliber.

Back
Top Bottom