Rockford IL, 4/17 this afternoon

LandOLincoln

Just seeing if anyone is available to hunt this afternoon. I am going to head out at noon. Planning to head to a local park, but open to hunting elsewhere if anyone has a permission. I will post where I decide to go before i head out. LMK.

Headed to Ingersoll centenial park to give it a try.

Spent the better part of the afternoon here. Ended up with 1.73 in clad, 46 coins and 15 pieces of trash. Nobody was out today so i had the park to myself. Somewhere i read beachmode 2 on the nox was best for deap silvers, so I spent the whole day in that, it worked great for coins and i dug less trash than ever, but no silver. I think this park had gravel brought it and packed and new topsoil at some point. When i dug deeper on a couple targets, which always ended up being old iron, i hit a gravel layer. I did stray from the park and tried an empty lot where a house once stood, but it was full of dog dropping, literally full. :shock:

Last edited:
Glutton for punishment considering the weather currently.

That's a big clad park. Lots of soccer there in the summer. Keep your head on a swivel. Quite a few vagrants hang around the nearby Salvation Army building.

Hopefully I can drop by when you're hunting. Still haven't taken the gear out of the basement. Mother Nature just can't settle down.

Glutton for punishment considering the weather currently.

That's a big clad park. Lots of soccer there in the summer. Keep your head on a swivel. Quite a few vagrants hang around the nearby Salvation Army building.

Hopefully I can drop by when you're hunting. Still haven't taken the gear out of the basement. Mother Nature just can't settle down.

Yea i can see they wore a good path down the middle of the park. I would have detected the whole path but there were quite a few people using it. I keep an eye out for others but nobody was paying me any attention. I do not mind the cold, used to working in it, theres nothing quite like cutting tile on a wet saw mid January. I will try again next time i have a free day, the wife works next 6 days, so next tuesday is my next free day.

Just seeing if anyone is available to hunt this afternoon. I am going to head out at noon. Planning to head to a local park, but open to hunting elsewhere if anyone has a permission. I will post where I decide to go before i head out. LMK.
Wish I was still up there to link up with you. I loved to camp at Rock Cut state park. When half of Illinois headed north to Wisconsin I would head from Wisconsin to Rockford.

Wish I was still up there to link up with you. I loved to camp at Rock Cut state park. When half of Illinois headed north to Wisconsin I would head from Wisconsin to Rockford.

I grew up playing in that park, lived right behind harlem highschool, a lots changed since then. How long has it been since you lived up this way?

I sold my Snap On business and moved in the spring of 2004. That is a really nice park and a short drive from Kenosha. You have some really nice bike trails also. We would visit that really nice bike shop on Perryville rd. Lots of great shopping on that road also. Some really nice places to eat. One of the best things is there was no traffic to get backed up in like there was on I94.

...so next tuesday is my next free day.
Of all days I can finally dust off the gear I remember that today was the day you might do a little detecting. I hit the park for a couple hours after work to try and remember a little of how the 3030 works. I am so out of practice it's embarrassing. A handful of clad, an inhaler and the biggest pile of sh*t I have ever seen. No detecting possible this weekend but maybe I can get out for a couple hours in the afternoons this week.

Of all days I can finally dust off the gear I remember that today was the day you might do a little detecting. I hit the park for a couple hours after work to try and remember a little of how the 3030 works. I am so out of practice it's embarrassing. A handful of clad, an inhaler and the biggest pile of sh*t I have ever seen. No detecting possible this weekend but maybe I can get out for a couple hours in the afternoons this week.

Oh thats ok, i didnt get out yesterday. I did today, but only for a couple hours down by the Y. Its been hit or miss to get out, now that i started doing some work on my mom's house.

Sunday hunt

Hey all, I will be going out to a couple of my favorite spots around the Rockford area and possibly a little west this Sunday. You are more than welcome to join if you'd like.

Hey all, I will be going out to a couple of my favorite spots around the Rockford area and possibly a little west this Sunday. You are more than welcome to join if you'd like.

I just saw your post for today, I keep getting sucked back into doing work and have been busy all day. I will be looking to get out during the week. How was your hunt?

Descent haul

It wasn't a bad day, I ended up just going to Alpine Park.
$6.95 in clad, a '64 dime and quarter.
Trying to upload photos but keep getting an upload fail message.

Back
Top Bottom