Which country

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Today i think i got my first 9ct that i can remember. So my question is ....which country uses CT rather than K on their gold marking? dont post a lot but in this case i will. 6.5 grams of 9CT. Im just getting to understand this new machine so im not going to brag it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 288
Hey Dew....Nice 9CT gold ring find !!

I did a quick Google search regarding gold being stamped CT instead of K. I believe the CT marking comes from British Commonwealth Countries.

Meggie.... ya i was thinking of you when i asked. Fellow hunter said she purchased her only 9CT in the UK. Thanks guys.

Dew

Gold is hallmarked with a number by the assay office for the fineness of the gold content.

It is still possible to find gold rings without the assay mark, these can be normally imported ones. 9CT,18CT and 22CT.

These are the most common numbers for the UK for gold stamped by the assay office.

9 Carat (375)

18 Carat (750)

22 Carat (916)

sweet looking 9k,,,,,I only found one 9k and it was just a boring band,,,that has some curb appeal,,,,great work,,,,GL HH

Wow that baby was deep if it was dug from the other side, the land down under! A beauty Dew!!

Today i think i got my first 9ct that i can remember. So my question is ....which country uses CT rather than K on their gold marking? dont post a lot but in this case i will. 6.5 grams of 9CT. Im just getting to understand this new machine so im not going to brag it up.

New machine, expound on this device!

6.5 grams of 9k is worth...

wait for it...

$102 AND FORTY FOUR CENTS!

:D

R5

Should have been PLT right....:lol:

Joe im using the MDT 8000. Only had it a week or so.... in the process of learning it now. Little different machine in that it balances the dirt/sand .... and the water separately. Designed to be a relic and beach machine. But for the serious relic guys who uses PIs i dont see this machine replacing those. For those not wanting to dig those tiny specks the Nox gets this may be a good option. Its much like hunting with an Xcal in AM....... but almost silent..... no swoosh thru the water. I tested a lot of the smaller gold i have... the only thing the Nox got was a couple of really tiny tiny crosses and a very small chain this one didnt. The Xcal and CTX wouldnt hit them either. Right now its a wader.....not submersible for long periods so im told.

Back
Top Bottom