Dug a gold eagle today

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Click bait-sorry, well it is gold and it is an eagle just not the eagle of my dreams. I have been working a 40/50s church/ school and although doing good in the clad dept. it has been slow to give up silver. Decided to hit a small area just outside the front of the church. Short story long I dug 95 coins for a little over 7 bucks in clad, a 61 D Rosie, 3 wheats and a token from a supermarket thats been long gone. Matter of fact I had forgot all about it till I saw the token.
Full disclosure, I was lucky today. The gold was a gift. I was digging a scratchy 26-27 and when I popped the plug the eagle rolled out. I thought it was some type of foil at first till I rubbed it. The signal I was chasing turned out to be junk and running the eagle over the coil it was hitting 4 so I would have never dug it had there been no other signal. I guess every dog gets a bone once in a while. I don't recognize the markings on it so any help would be appreciated.
The last pick is from an earlier trip there and is the oldest coin so far from the church. I hope the place has more to give. Till next time. Mark

Attachments

• redo65.jpg
    redo65.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 329
  • redo66.jpg
    redo66.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 325
  • redo67.jpg
    redo67.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 325
  • redo68.jpg
    redo68.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 317
Well, ya got me! Haha
Congrats on your finds and good luck on your next hunt there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Totally roped me in with that click-bait!! I was ecstatic for you until the pic loaded :laughing: Still, that’s a nice site - the clad production implies it hasn’t been hit for a while, at least. As always, I love tokens - the store “good for” is a sweet find! And the golden eagle is still pretty cool even if it isn’t necessarily the bucket list type. I love those kinds of “collateral” finds - I’ve never had gold roll out that way though…for me it’s usually a marble or Frozen Charlotte head. I’m with you, I never would have bothered with a 4 on the Equinox - big congrats! No shame on the luck involved - we all need a little luck just getting the coil over the right spot for many finds anyway ;)

Lol, finding one of those would the closest I would ever get to a gold eagle. Congrats on the finds!

Well, ya got me! Haha
Congrats on your finds and good luck on your next hunt there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boz thanks, I usually don't go in for snappy titles but just couldn't resist. It was my only gold find this year. Good luck, Mark

Totally roped me in with that click-bait!! I was ecstatic for you until the pic loaded :laughing: Still, that’s a nice site - the clad production implies it hasn’t been hit for a while, at least. As always, I love tokens - the store “good for” is a sweet find! And the golden eagle is still pretty cool even if it isn’t necessarily the bucket list type. I love those kinds of “collateral” finds - I’ve never had gold roll out that way though…for me it’s usually a marble or Frozen Charlotte head. I’m with you, I never would have bothered with a 4 on the Equinox - big congrats! No shame on the luck involved - we all need a little luck just getting the coil over the right spot for many finds anyway ;)

Thanks Ben, pretty much old drops and many 65s and 66s. Over 20 bucks. Probably 20 wheats. Just thinkin' there should be more silver. The token was a surprise and a treat as well. Good luck, Mark

Lol, finding one of those would the closest I would ever get to a gold eagle. Congrats on the finds!

Mitch I hear ya, probably the closest I'll get also. Good luck, Mark

Not nice, got a lot of us old hearts pumping. Good finds anyway.

cfl, ha ha, couldn't resist. As I said before, probably be the only gold eagle I will ever find. Good luck, Mark

That hunt would make me happy! Congratulations!

Attachments

• The_Sheboygan_Press_Wed__Jul_8__1970_.jpg
    The_Sheboygan_Press_Wed__Jul_8__1970_.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 284
Got me as well, but that's all good :lol:.

I'd take that lucky eagle any day! Wheaties and a Rosie aren't anything to complain about either!

- Dave

Mark, you had me at gold! lol. But then again, and eagle is an eagle. Good going with the two of extra silvers to crank-up your near year-end silver totals. Cool token too. And of course a couple of nice handfuls of clad to weigh down the pouch to round out a successful hunt...congrats!

Not much of a discount

15 cents off of $5 or more is not much of a discount. but I still love that token.

I LOVE that eagle. I have one very similar to it!

Thanks Erik, I might put it on a chain. Speaking of, after I pulled the junk I forgot to scan and see if the chain was near by. Getting sloppy in my old age. Enjoy the holidays. Mark

That hunt would make me happy! Congratulations!

Iggy thanks for the visual. Like I said I had forgot all about Del-Farm so when I did see it, it was a little blast from the past. Good luck, Mark

Sweet GOLD, and yeah, you got me on the title too :lol:

Really think the token is cool too, as are the silvers and wheats!

GS sorry, my attempt at a little humor. Thanks, was a great hunt, Time here is running out, ol' man winters knockin' . Good luck, Mark

Wow, you got me hook line and sinker on that one.
Great finds non the less, congrats!

Ha ha, sorry. And thank you mpmccann, I don't find much gold. Good luck, Mark

Got me as well, but that's all good :lol:.

I'd take that lucky eagle any day! Wheaties and a Rosie aren't anything to complain about either!

- Dave

Dave thanks, very happy with the eagle. That really made my day. Good luck, Mark

Mark, you had me at gold! lol. But then again, and eagle is an eagle. Good going with the two of extra silvers to crank-up your near year-end silver totals. Cool token too. And of course a couple of nice handfuls of clad to weigh down the pouch to round out a successful hunt...congrats!

Thank you John, and yes always nice to add some silver to the year-end totals. One more would be nice. And the gold was a nice little bonus. So as I said I dug 95 coins plus 15 maybe 20 junk targets, when I got home I went straight for the Advil and a beer. I don't see how you do it. That was five hour hunt and it about killed me. Good luck and enjoy your holidays. Mark

15 cents off of $5 or more is not much of a discount. but I still love that token.

Ludlow thanks and I agree not much of a deal. But always happy to dig a token, the older the better. Age on that one, not too old probably 50s maybe 60s. Good luck, Mark

I can see 14k I think, but tough to tell. Either way, a silver and gold hunt is what we all strive for. Congrats Mark!!!

Thank you Jeff, even with magnification I wasn't able to make out the marks. I assumed 680 meant 14k but not sure. Yesterdays hunt was a good one but I hope I haven't had my best hunt of the year yet. Good luck and happy holidays. Mark

Well you didn't get me...but I really love the token.

FT All in good fun, and yes no matter how well you do on a hunt digging a cool token seems to put it over the top. Good luck, Mark

Man that title got me. :lol: Congrats on the gold eagle and silvers!

Thank you sir, gold and silver make for a great day. Good luck, Mark

First click-bait that DIDN'T irritate me...LOL! congrats on a great hunt and on the gold!

Ha ha thanks MP. I hope I didn't piss to many people off. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom