• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I'm new here, but some posters may already know me!

Come on guys! It's their forum to run as they see fit.
I disagree. Forums should be a place for people to freely voice their opinions (either pro or con) on any subject discussed there. If someone claims they found lost Civil War gold, then show me the money! If you don't, then posters should be allowed to question the authenticity of that claim.

Censoring posts because they have the nerve to question an obviously bogus claim is ridiculous. As they say, talk is cheap and actions speak for themselves. You found treasure? Fantastic, then let's see it! Seems simple enough to me.

I disagree. Forums should be a place for people to freely voice their opinions (either pro or con) on any subject discussed there. If someone claims they found lost Civil War gold, then show me the money! If you don't, then posters should be allowed to question the authenticity of that claim.

Censoring posts because they have the nerve to question an obviously bogus claim is ridiculous. As they say, talk is cheap and actions speak for themselves. You found treasure? Fantastic, then let's see it! Seems simple enough to me.

As has been stated, we will not discuss issues that happened on other forums.

FreeBirdTim, I look forward to your posts here at FMDF!

This is not true.. this forum is privately owned and we deem what is acceptable and what is not and we expect our members to follow the rules of the forum.

We allowed the mention of what happened on another forum but as Ron has said its over now and time to move onto a new topic.

We have our limits and it has been reached on this subject.. The discussion is finished about that other forum.

Feel free to start another thread about that gold story.. its time to move on how other forums moderate their forums.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8

Last edited:
This is not true.. this forum is privately owned and we deem what is acceptable and what is not and we expect our members to follow the rules of the forum.

We allowed the mention of what happened on another forum but as Ron has said its over now and time to move onto a new topic.

We have our limits and it has been reached on this subject.. The discussion is finished about that other forum.

Feel free to start another thread about that gold story.. its time to move on how other forums moderate their forums.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8

Thank you.

Tom, you are correct. Insinuating that the mods over there are favoring someone is immediate grounds for a vacation. They like to play favorites, but don't want to admit it. The mod from PA is good buddies with the guy who claims to have found the Civil War gold, so he spends all his time defending this outlandish "the FBI stole my gold" claim.

Oh well, life goes on. I'll keep posting videos every once in awhile and show off some of my better finds here on a semi-regular basis. That should appease my need to brag about my treasure hunting finds! LOL!

Welcome! Hey I want to brag to, but have to find something to brag about. Still trying and not giving up.

2 yr. Ban on T'net

Hey gang, remember this post of a bias about speaking negatively (skeptically) against treasure legends on T'net ? Especially *certain* ones .

Well I just got a 2 yr. ban there. Was poking fun at treasure legends in general, and individual ones like Oak Island. And magic-wands that are said to find them. The bias continues. I just got a 2 yr. ban. Woohoo.

Here's the popup reason given, when I go to log-in :

" We are a treasure hunting site. You always argue with people who chase treasure legends. That is part of the fun of the site that you obviously do not agree with. I feel it would be better if you argued with members on another site. "

That's sucks Tom, I always enjoyed reading your posts over there. The place sure changed after it was sold a few years ago.

.... The place sure changed after it was sold a few years ago.

thanx Dave B. It's become no secret that you do not skeptically poke at treasure legends there. Well .... especially *one* certain one . And you have to walk on pins and needles to poke holes in dowsing and LRL. In other words: No dissenting views allowed on certain subjects. Only affirming views.

On ANY other md'ing topic: affirming or dissenting Locker room talk/views is allowed (we're grown men after all). But there is hallowed ground there that gets "favored nation status". That is held to a different standard.

Here's a challenge: Go there now and post on the main page "Can I find gold by dowsing with my LRL ?" or "What ever happened to Dent's Run?" and see how quickly the censors start deleting any dissenting view.

Bummer.

Yup, that site is currently run by two old mods who think it's their website. Disagree with their point of view and you're banned. Too bad the owners of the website don't realize the harm those two guys are doing to their reputation.

Hey gang, remember this post of a bias about speaking negatively (skeptically) against treasure legends on T'net ? Especially *certain* ones .

Well I just got a 2 yr. ban there. Was poking fun at treasure legends in general, and individual ones like Oak Island. And magic-wands that are said to find them. The bias continues. I just got a 2 yr. ban. Woohoo.

You made a mistake Tom... I guess you didn't save the "tar pit" theory for Oak Island that I sent you... that is why you got banned.

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-mystery-of-oak-island-solved-by-joy.html

All forums have rules, ours included. Having said that, we are pretty lenient, but we have limits.

I guess that means we'll "see" more of you here? :roll:

All forums have rules, ours included. Having said that, we are pretty lenient, but we have limits

Rules are fine, but apply them equally. That other website isn't doing that, which harms their reputation. They're protecting the posters who spin wild tales of lost Civil War gold and other fantasy tales.

I always thought that site was for posting REAL finds and not just a bunch of old guys telling yarns. Guess they're headed in another direction...

Back
Top Bottom