Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Coinshooters and Relic Hunters (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thanksgiving Week Finds - A Piece Of Prohibition History Plus The Other Goodies (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=278483)

Jamflicker 12-04-2019 02:56 PM

Thanksgiving Week Finds - A Piece Of Prohibition History Plus The Other Goodies

6 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from Thanksgiving week. I was able to get out with some buddies but made a little trip north with my son and did some hunting. (don't worry Tom, I stayed right at the line)

The highlight of the week was a Repeal 18th Amendment pin which was a nice piece of history. It was put out by the Women's Organization for National Prohibition Reform. These are pretty rare from what I researched.

The other finds were a 1923 Australian 3 Pence to go alone with a few other silver coins and a silver ring. I also found 35 wheat pennies, a handful of marbles, a couple tax tokens, and a few other things.

Have a good week.
Jason

Tom_in_CA 12-04-2019 03:06 PM

Good show as usual. Love the "reveal" of the merc. And the amendment pin is a nice conversation starter shadow box piece !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamflicker (Post 3172013)
.... (don't worry Tom, I stayed right at the line)....

Good man ! :cool3:

ToySoldier 12-04-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamflicker (Post 3172013)
The highlight of the week was a Repeal 18th Amendment pin which was a nice piece of history. It was put out by the Women's Organization for National Prohibition Reform. These are pretty rare from what I researched.

Oh my. That's a keeper!

Junkminer 12-04-2019 03:31 PM

Nice saves. Scrolling through your photos I saw some marbles but started to get worried, then I saw it: the mower kissed penny! I knew you could do it!

diggin4clad 12-04-2019 03:54 PM

Really nice group of finds. The 18th Amendment pin is FANTASTIC.

kingman mikey 12-04-2019 04:26 PM

Cool pin & other finds, oh & dont forget the marbles. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rattlehead 12-04-2019 04:37 PM

Very nice finds!

GroundSweeper 12-04-2019 04:43 PM

Man, great hunting Jam, amazing pin! I like that stronghold Steve button thingy too!

LovestheShiny! 12-04-2019 05:12 PM

Very nice finds Jam! Love that pin, the 1935 quarter looks to be in great shape! A very nice hunt congrats!

jwp1964 12-04-2019 05:57 PM

Awesome finds. Love those little three pence coins. Iíve found two over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack&jill 12-04-2019 10:44 PM

You had a lot of digging on this report Jason. Love the Repeal Amendment Pin. Congrats On the Silver's including the Three Pence Coin, the Sterling and all the rest. A complete report including the marbles. Trapper

detectorben 12-04-2019 11:30 PM

Nice assortment of finds! Looks like you had some fun hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eldoradomick 12-05-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack&jill (Post 3172117)
You had a lot of digging on this report Jason. Love the Repeal Amendment Pin. Congrats On the Silver's including the Three Pence Coin, the Sterling and all the rest. A complete report including the marbles. Trapper

Hi Jason. That threepence is silver too, I think

Soil Surgeon 12-05-2019 01:52 AM

What everyone else said ! The Three Pence is silver and your photos are great .
Congratulations on some more great hunting !

markinswpa 12-05-2019 12:10 PM

Oh yeah that repeal pin is sweet, almost overshadows the silver, almost. And marbles, Would love to see a group shot on your year end round up. Congrats on the shiny, wheats, tokens and all the other cool digs. You have had a great year Jason with still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck, Mark

Jamflicker 12-05-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3172015)
Good show as usual. Love the "reveal" of the merc. And the amendment pin is a nice conversation starter shadow box piece !

Good man ! :cool3:

Thanks Tom
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier (Post 3172016)
Oh my. That's a keeper!

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkminer (Post 3172018)
Nice saves. Scrolling through your photos I saw some marbles but started to get worried, then I saw it: the mower kissed penny! I knew you could do it!

Haha, yes, got one chopped wheat. Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by diggin4clad (Post 3172022)
Really nice group of finds. The 18th Amendment pin is FANTASTIC.

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingman mikey (Post 3172025)
Cool pin & other finds, oh & dont forget the marbles. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks! Love lot hunting and finding marbles.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlehead (Post 3172031)
Very nice finds!

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper (Post 3172032)
Man, great hunting Jam, amazing pin! I like that stronghold Steve button thingy too!

Thanks! The Stronghold Steve button is from the first jean manufacturer in Los Angeles.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LovestheShiny! (Post 3172040)
Very nice finds Jam! Love that pin, the 1935 quarter looks to be in great shape! A very nice hunt congrats!

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwp1964 (Post 3172051)
Awesome finds. Love those little three pence coins. Iíve found two over the years.

Thanks! I have now found 3 of them too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jack&jill (Post 3172117)

Thanks buddy!
Quote:

Originally Posted by detectorben (Post 3172137)
Nice assortment of finds! Looks like you had some fun hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by eldoradomick (Post 3172168)
Hi Jason. That threepence is silver too, I think

Thanks and yes it is silver.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon (Post 3172170)
What everyone else said ! The Three Pence is silver and your photos are great .
Congratulations on some more great hunting !

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by markinswpa (Post 3172265)
Oh yeah that repeal pin is sweet, almost overshadows the silver, almost. And marbles, Would love to see a group shot on your year end round up. Congrats on the shiny, wheats, tokens and all the other cool digs. You have had a great year Jason with still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! I usually make a year end post at the beginning on January. It has been my second worst silver year so far since I started 9 years ago, but have found some cool stuff.

Wolf-Dog 12-05-2019 09:18 PM

Nice haul of coins & marbles - congrats, Jason! :detector:

Waveoff 12-06-2019 09:18 AM

Congrats on finding more quality finds! Iíve been out in LA quite a bit lately for work. SoCal looks like itís a silver mine! I should grab my detector next time I head out there.:lol:

Jamflicker 12-06-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog (Post 3172417)
Nice haul of coins & marbles - congrats, Jason! :detector:

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveoff (Post 3172541)
Congrats on finding more quality finds! Iíve been out in LA quite a bit lately for work. SoCal looks like itís a silver mine! I should grab my detector next time I head out there.:lol:

Thanks! Let me know if you are out this way and bring the detector. It's definitely not easy out here.

Mike K "Ohio" 12-06-2019 09:12 PM

Damn Jason I need to start following you around lol.... I've been drawing blanks here lately... Congrats that's all holes you dug :) Looks like it paid off as well :)

Mike K "Ohio"