Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Did the FBI steal the Gold? Anyone know these guys? (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=296218)

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManInTheWaLL (Post 3385813)
I posted a very popular article, and I am being accused of causing the political division in the USA. (WINK). ...

No, it wasn't the posting of an article, that riled a fellow member. The Dennis / D.R. soap opera gets discussed here at times. Thus no, that was not the issue. The issue was to compare the failure of logical scrutiny for this particular treasure story, to be on-par with people's religious beliefs.

As if to imply : Religious folk are : Just as much illogical as this Dennis fellow's methods/thinking. And that riled a few folk.

By all means: Post md'ing/treasure related stuff all day long !

SeabeeRon 04-20-2022 10:30 AM

IMHO Dent's Run is just Oak Island 2.0 and all this chatter is just PR to build a base for a new TV show.

ManInTheWaLL 04-20-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385834)
No, it wasn't the posting of an article, that riled a fellow member. The Dennis / D.R. soap opera gets discussed here at times. Thus no, that was not the issue. The issue was to compare the failure of logical scrutiny for this particular treasure story, to be on-par with people's religious beliefs.

As if to imply : Religious folk are : Just as much illogical as this Dennis fellow's methods/thinking. And that riled a few folk.

By all means: Post md'ing/treasure related stuff all day long !

Well, the guy knows how to stir stuff up. That site is all over the news today. Friend of mine just called saying... "The FBI said their contractors dug up 8 tons of gold"

Kind of reminds me of this story from 2003

TORONTO, Ontario (CNN) -- Clonaid, the company that has claimed to have cloned two baby girls, announced Thursday that a third cloned baby, a boy, was born Wednesday to a Japanese couple.

Pete e 04-20-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385832)

Ah, see there ? You're holding out .001% hope/belief . That there's a treasure. So there's a tiny smidgeon of your concern that is treasure related :laughing:

BBC News is reporting a meteorite came down in four pieces "somewhere" in the the area I will be detecting at the weekend...I think I have more chance of finding one of those pieces than Denis has of finding gold! lol

And my main interests in this Treasure story is simply the search, particularly the methods used to survey and why supposedly scientific methods turn out to be inaccurate.....

So I will wait to see what I can learn when the files are released....

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 11:05 AM

information to be released finaly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachhunt1 (Post 3385787)
That is great info! 17 vids down to 3 or 5? Lots of doccuments down to a handful.........YA SOMTHING HAPPENED THERE!

number of new news articles on it so be interesting to see just what is in those records / https://www.sharonherald.com/ap/judg...15d802b7a.html

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManInTheWaLL (Post 3385838)
... Friend of mine just called saying... "The FBI said their contractors dug up 8 tons of gold".....

I'm not even going to look into this. I can already assume that any such past tense "found" and "dug" (past-tense-words) are always used by these type folk to mean "accused of" or "on the verge of" "or then stolen", etc....

And they always use the past-tense word, as if something was already found , as in, can be shown.

They have a twisted sense of words. That it's "found" if you narrow it down to a certain cave or swamp or mountain. And now it's just a matter of sorting out government red tape, digging 100 ft. deep, chasing down someone who "stole" it, etc...., then by golly, it was "found" (past tense).

What a joke :(

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete e (Post 3385849)

So I will wait to see what I can learn when the files are released....

No need to wait. I can save you some time. You will "learn" that you will not see one-red-cent of any treasure.

And sure, you'll hear all the fall-back continuing conspiracies push-back floated, to explain the lack-of-any-treasure. :roll: But at no time will you see one red cent.

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3385850)
.... so be interesting to see just what is in those records ....

No matter what it is, I can guarantee you that Dennis will spin it in such a way that it points to "Fabulous treasure".

If it doesn't say that, he will scream: "White-washed" "redacted" and "scrubbed".

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385916)
No matter what it is, I can guarantee you that Dennis will spin it in such a way that it points to "Fabulous treasure".

If it doesn't say that, he will scream: "White-washed" "redacted" and "scrubbed".

See no reason they should have stalled this long to release the documents if there was nothing there. At least we will get a peak of what they do release , curious minds want to know. :laughing:

KOB 04-20-2022 04:26 PM

Cmon stop ! I know today is 4:20 , but are you guys all stoned ? Thanks for killing my buzz and shattering my treasure dreams !

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3385928)
See no reason they should have stalled this long to release the documents if there was nothing there. ....

I see no reason to believe Dave isn't a murderer, if he doesn't open up his PC, bank records, file cabinets, SD camera card, diary, etc.... to me.

After all, if Dave isn't a murderer, what's he hiding, and what's he stalling for ? :?:

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOB (Post 3385931)
Cmon stop ! I know today is 4:20 , but are you guys all stoned ? Thanks for killing my buzz and shattering my treasure dreams !

It's only because we love you KOB ! After all, that's what friends are for. :cool3:

ManInTheWaLL 04-20-2022 04:59 PM

Next you guys are going to tell me Santa isn't real.

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385935)
I see no reason to believe Dave isn't a murderer, if he doesn't open up his PC, bank records, file cabinets, SD camera card, diary, etc.... to me.

After all, if Dave isn't a murderer, what's he hiding, and what's he stalling for ? :?:

So are you saying that the Government isn't accountable to the public that it serves ? , and are you saying you totally trust the government to do the right thing . How many times has the American government not been honest with the public in the name of national interest. The government has built up many secret funds for things over the years that never show up in the official budget or books.

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 06:38 PM

new video report on the subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6Ao9jcv2Y

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 06:41 PM

Dave, I know you're just trying to get-my-goat (right ?). We've been over this before, on your other fun thread. But again :

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3385964)
So are you saying that the Government isn't accountable to the public that it serves ? .....

Sure. And their level of accountability, and their apathy and speed of response, is the same HERE as it is for any other F.O.I.A. issue. This current issued being discussed is no different than any other reaction to screaming citizens, in these situations. And does NOT necessarily mean : "Hanky panky".

For example : In my business (street sweepers), I have sometimes suspected that a competitor is not playing fair with the correct wages paid to their drivers, on public works projects. And, in theory, I can request certified payrolls (that theoretically prove the proper payment of wages). But to get that info (especially prior to the digital age) is like pulling teeth at times. Delays, apathy, dead-ends, etc... And finally when I get something, it's redacted info, and stuff that, in all honesty, my competitor can be making up.

I have experienced government red tape. And you can hardly blame the govt. for not doing things "with a handshake" (the way a private business would do things). Because gauranteed : the minute any dollars change hands (the govt. buys something for city hall or public works) then everyone comes screaming "unfair" or "corruption". Hence every cotton picking purchase has a 100 page contract.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3385964)
...., and are you saying you totally trust the government to do the right thing .....

David, this may come as a surprise to you, but people in govt. are ..... drum-roll ... human. Just like you and me. And to the same degree that YOU AND I are capable of corruption, stealing, murder, etc.... , so too are govt. employees. I docent at a city museum, so I rub shoulders with city staff (aka govt. workers). And believe it or not, they're just normal people. Capable of good or bad, JUST like anyone else.

The way you phrase your question is the logical fallacy known as "begging the question". It presumes its own point of view (that "we can not trust the govt." ). As if that's just a default "given starting premise". As if: The moment someone takes a job at any govt. position (military, LEO, etc...), then presto: They are now evil and corrupt. Says who ?

And if you want to justify this as some sort of default premise, by pointing out past instances of corruption by govt. officials, then : Heck, I can show you examples of murderers and thieves who do NOT work for the govt. Can I therefore then conclude that : Therefore, all civilian non-govt.-workers are thieves and murderers ? Of course not.

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 06:50 PM

Fun to get Tom's goat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385971)
Dave, I know you're just trying to get-my-goat (right ?). We've been over this before, on your other fun thread. But again :

Sure. And their level of accountability, and their apathy and speed of response, is the same HERE as it is for any other F.O.I.A. issue. This current issued being discussed is no different than any other reaction to screaming citizens, in these situations. And does NOT necessarily mean : "Hanky panky".

For example : In my business (street sweepers), I have sometimes suspected that a competitor is playing fair with the correct wages paid to their drivers, on public works projects. And, in theory, I can request certified payrolls (that theoretically prove the proper payment of wages). But to get that info (especially prior to the digital age) is like pulling teeth at times. Delays, apathy, dead-ends, etc... And finally when I get something, it's redacted info, and stuff that, in all honesty, my competitor can be making up.

I have experienced government red tape. And you can hardly blame the govt. for not doing things "with a handshake" (the way a private business would do things). Because gauranteed : the minute any dollars change hands (the govt. buys something for city hall or public works) then everyone comes screaming "unfair" or "corruption". Hence every cotton picking purchase has a 100 page contract.

David, this may come as a surprise to you, but people in govt. are ..... drum-roll ... human. Just like you and me. And to the same degree that YOU AND I are capable of corruption, stealing, murder, etc.... , so too are govt. employees. I docent at a city museum, so I rub shoulders with city staff (aka govt. workers). And believe it or not, they're just normal people. Capable of good or bad, JUST like anyone else.

The way you phrase your question is the logical fallacy known as "begging the question". It presumes that "we can not trust the govt." . As if that's just a default "given starting premise". As if: The moment someone takes a job at any govt. position (military, LEO, etc...), then presto: They are now evil and corrupt.

Says who ? Heck, I can show you examples of murderers and thieves who do NOT work for the govt. Can I then conclude that : Therefore, all civilian non-govt.-workers are thieves and murderers ? Of course not.

YOU might take a poll on here and see just how many totally trust the FBI and CIA , not saying all Government is corrupt but some seem to play by their own rules in the name of national security , the end justifies the means, and the needs of the individual may be out weighed by the needs of the nation. See no reason the public shouldn't be allowed to see those sealed records.

ManInTheWaLL 04-20-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA (Post 3385971)

For example : In my business (street sweepers), I have sometimes suspected that a competitor is not playing fair with the correct wages paid to their drivers, on public works projects. And, in theory, I can request certified payrolls (that theoretically prove the proper payment of wages). But to get that info (especially prior to the digital age) is like pulling teeth at times. Delays, apathy, dead-ends, etc... And finally when I get something, it's redacted info, and stuff that, in all honesty, my competitor can be making up.

The way you phrase your question is the logical fallacy known as "begging the question". It presumes its own point of view (that "we can not trust the govt." ). As if that's just a default "given starting premise". As if: The moment someone takes a job at any govt. position (military, LEO, etc...), then presto: They are now evil and corrupt. Says who ?

And if you want to justify this as some sort of default premise, by pointing out past instances of corruption by govt. officials, then : Heck, I can show you examples of murderers and thieves who do NOT work for the govt. Can I therefore then conclude that : Therefore, all civilian non-govt.-workers are thieves and murderers ? Of course not.

I would say certain professions attract certain personalities. Ask any cop, and he'll tell you, a lot of cops become cops for the power trip. It's not uncommon for a person to quit a job where he was making 30% to become a cop.

Same thing with politicians, and other professions. Some attract a much more corrupt/risk taking group.

As for a group of FBI agents to take 500 million in Gold, totally impossible. CIA... umm different story possibly.

davidlhyde63366 04-20-2022 06:57 PM

new story on Oak Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHY5_9C7o4

Tom_in_CA 04-20-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3385970)

David, do you really think that anything in this video (which is all old news) bears any hope of any fabulous treasure being proven ? Ie.: a Single Cent of any treasure surfacing ?

I can guarantee you that no proof of treasure will arise out of Dennis' bruhaha. He will only scream "redactions" and "whitewash" and "deleted files", etc.... Which he has already started doing. Which is only an 'argument-from-silence', and is not proof.

But if you believe this video info shows any hope of a fabulous treasure being proven, then how about a friendly wager :

I will send you a crisp $100 bill, if any proof of stolen treasure arises out of this. And if no proof of treasure shows up, then you send me a crisp $100 bill. Deal ? :cool3: