Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Stories and Pictures of Finds (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Silver Ring and a Heart Stopping Coin (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=293375)

Cpackjr 11-27-2021 07:25 PM

Silver Ring and a Heart Stopping Coin

5 Attachment(s)
Loving a site Iíve been on a few times, tons of clad, a few old coins, jewelry and odds and ends from the time this was a farm before itís public use. That and the tons of pull tabs and bottle caps are helping me learn the new ORX.
Today I got in a couple hours in the sunny field and temps in the 40ís.
The first nice find was a sterling silver ring with a black stone.
The heart stopper was a penny sized coin. I was wiping it off to see if was a wheat and an eagle popped up. Now, Iíve heard of a flying eagle cent but would not recognize one, but when I saw the eagle on this coin I got very excited, but on turning it over I read the words ďfor replay only No cash valueĒ
So itís an old arcade token. Seems to be old but I cannot pin down a date on initial searchís.
Iíve found the old buttons below on separate searchís. All seem older. (Silver dime for size reference found there as well)

Cpackjr 11-27-2021 07:55 PM

Plus an Old Headstamp

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at the headstamps I found today and see this one is older than others found there.
A U.M.C. CO. New Club from 1901-1910

Florida Tabdigger 11-27-2021 08:08 PM

Hey...nice diggs! I love finding unique tokens. I have a pretty good collection of rat tokens. And rings are almost as good as pull tabs...:)

markinswpa 11-27-2021 08:19 PM

Congrats on a very nice sterling ring, Rosie and a cool token. Nice assortment of buttons as well. I have dug similar tokens and when I saw the eagle I thought I had my first seated or capped bust. Nope, still looking. Nice hunt. Mark

CallMeGrey 11-27-2021 11:18 PM

I have found a couple of the "No Cash Value" tokens with the eagle. Apparently they were used in video game arcades. So not very old. They sure look cool though.

metaladdict 11-28-2021 11:08 AM

Cool ring and dime👍

kaufenanger 11-28-2021 12:59 PM

Congrats on the silver ring!

mpmccann 11-28-2021 08:06 PM

Sweet little ring, congrats.

longbow62 11-28-2021 10:38 PM

That was good hunt. Congrats on the silver!

TracePro 11-29-2021 01:16 AM

I've found eagle no cash value tokens before but not like yours. It has a vintage look to it for sure. Nice hunting!

UT_Dave 11-29-2021 07:00 AM

Sterling and an old 10 gauge butt, cool!

- Dave

Gimmie The Loot 11-29-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracePro (Post 3348566)
I've found eagle no cash value tokens before but not like yours. It has a vintage look to it for sure. Nice hunting!

Same here and agree it has a vintage look to it.

I remember those having monetary value to them as a kid. You could buy a kid's lunch off him for a few arcade tokens back in the day. Our local arcade was called, "Aladdin's Castle". When I say, "Back in the Day" I am referring to the 1980s haha.