A Silver Treasure worth 26 Million dollars in the Hudosn River

Treasurebone

Forum Supporter

In 1903 a barge carrying 7687 bars of silver capsized spilling the bars into the river. All but 1600 of the bars were recovered and they are still there today.

I think that the condition of the Hudson would keep most from trying to find them. Maybe the digger show should go there first.

A lot would depend on available information. location of sinking, depth of water, water clarity, bottom composition.

I am used to diving in OK lakes where normal vis 5 - 10 feet, and 2-3 feet is still acceptable. Depth would be the factor that shaped the dive profiles and working times. The biggy is the bottom comp. If there is 20 feet of soft, oozing sediment, they may never be found.

I'd be up for a treasure dive, but a local would have to do the homework and just need help with the work.

I think you would need one of those robotic submersibles to look for the bars. I'm surprised that none of the treasure salvors have tried to find the bars. 26 million is enough to make it worthwhile.

Now who would have ownership rights to this treasure if it were found? I'm sure the list will be long of the people that will want a piece of it or all of it.

Who said anything about making this public? I bet I could walk into a lot of refineries with those bars and walk away with 95% spot price!

OK, maybe not all 26 million at once, but they arent going to be asking questions of where it comes from.

Ahhh the good ol hudson, 315 miles of dark, murky, cold, sewege infested, fast moving water. Hundreds of bodies, have been recovered out of that river. Could possibly contain the most trash of any other river in the US, years of barges and litter / cars / trucks, etc. Further, how do we know the bars weren't already secretly recovered? The Hudson And it's tributaries have an amazing history, although more recently known for this:

I bet you different crews have secretly worked that site many times over the years. Anyone wanting to go after it would also want to know how many times dredging was done over the spill area.

Back
Top Bottom