The "O" in Iron on the Compadre means...a Nice Silver Bracelet, Of course!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
The wife had a broken nail and even though we planned on hanging out together all weekend, she decided she had to make an emergency run to get a manicure.

She said while she was gone it was ok to go hunting.
All I heard was everything up to the word hunt because she finished that sentence talking to a little outline of smoke I had made like the Road Runner does when he takes off in all those cartoons.

I headed down to my go-to park, just a few miles from here.
New to me, and I have been hitting different areas looking for some good spots where people hang out besides the obvious ones around the sports fields.

I started near a picnic pavilion where there was a nice size level area where I figure people and families and groups might play ball or sit when they are using the pavilion.
I did find my first aluminum religious medal here yesterday, but there were not a whole bunch of signals in this area...not even pull tabs which other sections of this park have in abundance.
Still not many signals, and I was digging all signals from iron on up, too, so in other sections I had added plenty of tabs and tiny bits of foil to my trash pouch.

I didn't have much more time so I walked over to another large flat area that had no picnic tables or anything...just a large field, but maybe groups used this area in the past.

I started swinging wildly looking for some coins or maybe a small coin spill which tells me some chairs were set up around here in the past, and I got a few signals and started digging.
A couple of tabs, some foil, not a whole bunch of trash here, either.
Then I got a decent signal in all metal, turned up the disc past iron till it faded out, then back down till it came in solid.

That's how I use the Compadre.
You lose depth on most detectors as you turn up the disc, so I feel better leaving that disc knob all the way down to get the deepest and clearest tones, then turn it up and back till it comes in to see what area of target this might be before deciding to dig.
With the Big C...just about everything from anywhere on the word iron on up is fair game to dig because I am always looking for jewelry with this one.

No different today, and when that knob was pointing straight at the o in iron, I half way expected another small piece of foil, but not on this target.
Zeroed in with the Propointer, dug a small plug a little outside the signal center, and pulled up the plug.
Hanging out the side was not foil but the end of a nice looking little chain.
I followed it to the end of the plug and there was still more so I was careful in extracting this from the soil.
I hope it wasn't broken and I sure didn't want to break it.
Luckily, neither came true...a nice full size bracelet, kind of a herringbone style, clasps and everything intact so it had just fallen off somebody in the past.

First silver of the new year and a nice one!

Dug a bunch of iron and foil signals on the way back to the truck but those times I dug...surprise...foil.

No matter, I got what I came for, jewelry baby, and a nice start on the precious metal collection for 2012.

Hope y'all had a good day hunting today, too!

HH

Attachments

• 1-7 bracelet.jpg
    1-7 bracelet.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 560
Congrats on the nice silver! That must of been a blast to dig up.

Congrats on that nice silver bracelet. Don't let you-know-who see it or she'll think it's just what her new manicured hand needs. : ) Good Luck on future hunts.

Nice find man. Would like to see the Compadre in action sometime.

You looked at your park on Historic Aerials? I did! ;) Looks like there's home site on the west side.

Nice find man. Would like to see the Compadre in action sometime.

You looked at your park on Historic Aerials? I did! ;) Looks like there's home site on the west side.

Uhh, yea.
If we are looking at the same park, hunted over there once so far.
Found some big iron from old farm equipment so far, but I will hit it again in the future for a more thorough look.

Back
Top Bottom