Barber Quarter pocket spill

screwynewy

Elite Member
I headed out for a quick hunt before dark to a spot that I located using a historical aerial photo from 1938. It used to be a big house that was most likely built in the late 1800's. It is now an apartment complex and the area the house used to sit is a grassy area that is mostly original soil.

My etrac was nulling a lot due to all of the iron but I got this jumpy 12-48 to 14-44 signal at about 5 inches. It didn't have a good solid repeatable signal but I decided to dig anyway thinking it would be a rusty square nail. I dug a small plug, stuck my pointer in the hole and flipped out a silver disc. You know the feeling when you see silver. I grabbed it and saw the eagle on the reverse and immediately knew it was a Barber. I stuffed it in my pocket the did a quick scan of the hole and what do you know, there was a solid 12-48. I dug a wider plug and grabbed a handfull of dirt and immediatly saw two Barber quarters stuck together. What an awesome feeling. Yeah, I dinged one of them but I really don't care ;)

I can't tell you how hard I have worked and researched sites and not found even one silver. This was finally payback for all of my time invested. I was actually starting to lose hope that I could find old silver. My interest has definitely been renewed.

Attachments

• P1000545.jpg
    P1000545.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 520
  • P1000546.jpg
    P1000546.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 513
nice spill!!!! i found an awesome barber spill last year .. glad to see you regained your faith .. its there just find it ....HH.... 401K

That is sickkkkkkkkk! Very nice.......congrats.....Im gonna go count my clad...LOL

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I've been drooling over everyone elses finds on this site for just about a year now. I'm glad to finally be able to show off something worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom