What is this "Pulse Devil" tector??

TxDigger

I'm a noob to this hobby but have heard about a new detector(or two) called the "Pulse Devil" and also another one that is supposed to go deeep, much deeper than a Tesoro Tejon! I think that one is called the Danirious or something like that, made by our good friends across the pond.

So, can anyone tell me about these two bad boys, when they'll be out and just any and all info would be super cool. Thank you.

John

The PULSE DEVIL is a gold nugget detector, right? That's what it seems, they are comparing it to other gold machines.

This are the Q&As that Dave Emery (designer of the Pulse Devil) wrote up a while back.

Question: Will the Pulse Devil work in bad ground?
Yes. The Pulse Devil's have a ground control to help eliminate the most sever ground minerals. This includes the Australian gold fields. The prospecting version has a thumb operated ground fine tuning wheel built into the top of the handle.

Question: Does the Pulse Devil discriminate?
The Pulse Devil sports a VLF type of discrimination control. You can adjust it from iron and nails through foil and pull tabs all the way to bottle cap reject if you wish. The audio tone varies for accept and reject targets. All non ferrous targets indicate as non ferrous and all ferrous targets indicate as ferrous.

Question: Can you change the coils?
There will be a good choice of coils available. The coils are changeable on both the Pulse Devil and the Surf Devil as the connectors are waterproof to IP68 specifications.

Question: Can Minelab coils be used on the Pulse Devil's?
No. The coils are of a special design. No other coils can be used.

Question: What type of battery does the Pulse Devil use.
The Pulse Devil's use Lithium Ion or Li-Ion 14.8V battery packs. The packs are easily replaced or charged in situ. Charging takes about two hours. The charger works anywhere in the world accepting 100V to 240VAC. A 12 Volt car booster type charger will also be available. A freshly charged pack will provide about ten hours of continuous use.

Question: Does the Pulse Devil go deep on coins.
Yes. The depth capability on coins is excellent. For those of you living in Europe the Pulse Devil loves medieval hammered silver and will detect it at great depths. It also ignores the mineralized pottery shards which are so common in England and France.

The Pulse Devil also does very well on small gold nuggets as well as the larger deeper nuggets. I will be at Ganes Creek in June (2005) looking for some!!! Last year I found my first detector found nugget at Ganes Creek with the Pulse Devil. The nugget weighed just under a half Troy ounce and was buried right below the middle of someones boot print next to an iron bolt!!!

Question: Does the Pulse Devil work the same way as Eric Foster's GS5? The ground balancing method as well as the discrimination method used by Pulse Devil is entirely different from the GS5. The number of pulses per second and their width are also quite different. Note that the GS5 is making a name for itself in Australia where it has been described as being able to go where no Minelab's will go. Congratulations to Eric on a fine job.

Question: Does the Pulse Devil have an ID meter - depth meter etc.
This answer will ruffle some feathers but here goes. . . NO. I could add these features but to me they are mostly just marketing gimmicks. OK, some of you will tell me that they just have to have a TID meter. Believe me when I tell you that you will soon know what to dig and what to leave behind. The Pulse Devil is designed for thrills not frills.

OK, I will update you as soon as I get a better idea as to when the first Pulse Devil's and Surf Devil's are going to ship. They will be sold through mom and pop stores ONLY. The mom and pop stores are vital to the industry. These people take the time to work with their customers and show them how to use their new detectors.

As to the cost. I honestly cannot answer this just yet as I don't know how much they will cost to build. This will change in the next month as the pricing comes in.

Cool, thank you for the info. I've seen it mentioned here and there and was curious. Looks like many people have been waiting for the Pulse Devil to be released for quite some time, wonder when we'll finally see this detector?

John

Same here Carol, I sure would like to see a pic or two as well. All these "top secret" detectors supposedly coming out but where are they!?! I wana see em man!

The last time I saw a price mentioned by Mr. Emery, it was an approximate of $2500 to $2900. I'm sure he's still working on getting that down.

Holy crap! Well I hope he gets it down, wayyyy down. Not even close to interested if it's going to list for that much..........

Back
Top Bottom