Newby here

NMDawg

I am very very new to this hobby. The reason I became interested in the hobby is I have just inherited a metal detector. It is a Bell+Howell. There is no other identifying markings on the unit. I did not get an owner's manual either. I was wondering, if someone knows, how good it is or tell me anything about it and where I might be able to get a manual? :?:

Attachments

• detector 001 (2).jpg
    detector 001 (2).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,623
  • detector 002 (2).jpg
    detector 002 (2).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,793
  • detector 003 (2).jpg
    detector 003 (2).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,818
  • detector 005 (2).jpg
    detector 005 (2).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,623
Welcome! I never saw anything like that before either. You might want to submit that for the strangest detector category.

Yes it is unused microhike. It was my stepfather's. My mother bought it for him just before he became ill and he was unable to use it. Any idea where I might find an operating manual for it? My mother has searched her house, and I have searched the net and can not find one. :?:

Don't think you need anything, because there doesn't appear to be any real settings. Just hit the power, turn everything up, and scan a piece of metal. I don't have much confidence in that detector but give it a shot.

Okay, That's what I will do my next time out and about Iron Patch. As far as the video I will try no promises there. :D

Just bought a second hand Orbitor Prospector 200 metal detector. The battery cover is missing on the one side and the other side has a battery compartment but ni cover or wires so not sure n what that side is for. We did test it yesterday before I bought it today and it seemed to register different metals.

it looks like the one in the pictures.

Uhh...you guys might want to notice the dates on the top left corner of these posts.
The original poster, (OP), posted his first time on 9-5-2011, had 3 posts that day, came by 2 days later and posted once more and that is the last we ever heard from him again.
Welcoming him to the forum, well, I am going out on a limb and say chances are will not only fall on deaf ears but absent and long gone ears.

Uhh...you guys might want to notice the dates on the top left corner of these posts.
The original poster, (OP), posted his first time on 9-5-2011, had 3 posts that day, came by 2 days later and posted once more and that is the last we ever heard from him again.
Welcoming him to the forum, well, I am going out on a limb and say chances are will not only fall on deaf ears but absent and long gone ears.

I'm laughing my butt off digger!! I was just about to add a coment. Ha,ha,ha.. I hardly ever check the dates. Too funny.
Hey OCD, look out for that video!
Tin

Back
Top Bottom