Midnight NC beach hunt yields silver!

FoundInNC

Well yall I normally don't post when I'm on vacation but this couldn't wait. I went to a spot on the beach, near carolina beach in North Carolina last night about 930 pm. The sun is so hot during the day so I have been hunting at night. I found a bunch of clad, including a dollar coin. (my second) At about 11pm I dug HOT signal and it was an earring! I noticed that it was heavy, but couldn't see any markings. I finally saw it, .925 China on the hook. I was excited! I swung some more in the area and low and behold I dug up the other one! I am estimating the pair to weigh 10-12 grams. Shortly after I had called everyone that would care, I began swinging again. About 5 minutes went by and my ace starts yelling again. I dug a 6 inch hole and pulled out a dime with seemingly no corrosion, which is strange for the beach and a coin that deep. I held it up to my phone and saw 1959! I was thinking, Seriously, another silver? Also, isn't it strange that a dime from 1959 was still on the beach? It was awesome night. 3 silvers on the beach is unheard of for me. Wish me luck for today and tomorrow I want gold!

Attachments

• 2336085310079366820QXKMKN_ph.jpg
    2336085310079366820QXKMKN_ph.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 412
All right, that's what I'm talking about! I was pulling for you to come back with some goodies! Now go get some of that shiny yellow stuff! :D

Congrats on that nice pair of earrings and the dime. It's not usual to actually find both earrings, you got super lucky. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

Found doesn't need luck, he just needs enough batteries. When he puts his mind to something, he just doesn't quit.

Very nice finds! Not common you find two of the same earrings though. Wonder if they realized they lost one and got mad and just threw the other into the sand? Very unusual.

Very nice finds! Not common you find two of the same earrings though. Wonder if they realized they lost one and got mad and just threw the other into the sand? Very unusual.

I am certain that they were just laid out on a towel and forgotten. When the individual left, she shook off her towel,,,, and now they are side by side in the sand.

Congrats on the finds!!! I was a Kure Beach a three days ago, but never got a chance to get my detector out and put it to work...:(

Hey you better find the gold....

You can't come home till you find gold! You better be looking all night.
John

Back
Top Bottom