Slowing Down Pulls More From "Hunted Out" Field

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
First.. if you have not read this thread.. read it NOW ....

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=78080 (Thanks Digger27!)

It is some very valuable information that made me more money last night.

I go all over the place when I hunt. I need to hunt in grids, but I worry what I will miss elsewhere so I tend to go faster than I should.

Last night I went back to the same field I assumed to be pretty empty (I have hunted it 6-7 times) ..

SLOWING Down, and using a pattern to hunt, I pulled over $3 from the same area that I thought was empty.

Got a dollar coin and a 4 quarter pocket spill too...

The silver was a nice bonus but not from detecting. I gave a local convenience store clerk an old TV... he wanted to pay me but I told him.. "I collect coins earlier than 65 .. if you get any in change, hook me up" ...

He did!

Over the past two weeks he has given me 4 nice wheaties, then last night he hands me this 56 quarter... someone gave it to him as change!!!! :no:

I'm a happy guy! :yes:

Attachments

• loot.jpg
    loot.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 622
Nice job! Using the sov gt? Yup, it likes to be swung slow.....But the nice thing is it'll catch targets a little further away and you can zoom in on them...

Last edited:
I went to a big park downtown today that has been a park since the late 1800's. I dare say that it has been popular with metal detectorists in the past (not so much now I hear). I've been hunting a small area of it at lunch time for days now and because I have tried to walk slow and overlap my swings tight, I have covered very little of this one area; and this is just one small area of this huge park. This leads me to wonder just how 'hunted out' this park can really be. I mean, it would take a long time and lots of people hunting the park to cover every square inch. I found a gold ring here a few weeks ago (14K, plated, 2 inches down) and I found an Indian Head penny in the same general area.
So, yes, there has to be lots of 'virgin' territory still left with untold goodies waiting to be found.

Nice finds Bob. We will have to get out there together again. I didn't tell you, but after we met I went to my other spot and pulled 9 wheaties, a 47' rosie and my first war nickel a '43 S.

Let me know when you want to get out.

Greg

Shocking how much stuff comes out of a "hunted out" site when you do it right, isn't it?

HH

Yes it is! My best hunt in 30 years came from a "hunted out" spot. For anyone who missed my first cartwheel and a lot more silver, the video is here:

All that is from a spot hunted many, many times. In fact, I only started hunting it because 2 other local hunters had given up and moved on to other places.

Back
Top Bottom