Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   TreasureMntDetectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Elite Member

Default Where would I have more luck after a heavy rain?

Just went out to the beach for a while around noon. Had to turn in because I lack a sandscoop so it wasn't that easy for me. 9 cents is what I got, but better than nothing.

Anyways it has been pouring for the past 2 hours. If I get time I may go out tomorrow because it's said the ground has more conductivity after a good rain. Where would the best place be to go? The park or the beach or somewhere else?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Elite Member

Go to parks in your town.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws_1984 View Post
Just went out to the beach for a while around noon. Had to turn in because I lack a sandscoop so it wasn't that easy for me. 9 cents is what I got, but better than nothing.

Anyways it has been pouring for the past 2 hours. If I get time I may go out tomorrow because it's said the ground has more conductivity after a good rain. Where would the best place be to go? The park or the beach or somewhere else?
Go to a park. Especially the tot lots. Best time to do parks is when the ground is wet. It helps with your plugs not turning brown which they will do if you hunt in hot dry weather.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Default Lack a sand scoop?

Make your own out of an old pitcher. Simply drill a bunch of 1/8" holes in the sides and bottom - presto. OR go to thrift store and get a wire mesh strainer - booya.