Which is Better on the Beach? Fisher CZ-21 or Excalibur

LostNowFound

I was under the impression that the Excalibur was the best beach and ocean water machine. However, I read on another forum, that the CZ-21 was much deeper than the Excalibur.

Any opinions?

It depends who you ask and what time of day it is. I have read head to head comparisons and they pretty well equal out. I'm strictly talking performance. You can throw in warranty, reliability, factory service, battery usage, weight, and anything else at your convenience. But I have seen a number of comparisons and it is always 50/50.

CZ21 is superior

The CZ21 cost less and has a longer warranty
Easier pinpoint-push button vs. turn knob
Deeper!
All metal mode makes it even DEEPER!
Large target alert
More durable
Better around iron trash-and better iron see thru
Pistol grip vs s rod
CZ21 is not made in China or Malasia like the ML or owned by Ausi's
USA made and owned
Many more CZ advantages........

CZ21 is by far the better choice

They both look like great machines. I have used Sov's, Explorer's and CZ's on the beaches here and they all worked well. The Fishers tended to go slightly deeper in my experience. I would go with the CZ21 with 10.5 coil. I like the CZ tones and pinpointing a lot better and as other's have said its made in the USA and has a better warranty.

Cz21 vs Excalibur 2 1000

I like both machines,I have 3 excaliburs,0 cz21s,Both are good machines,the thing i dont like about the Cz21 is It takes batteries inside the unit,excalibur Rechargable battery lasts 3 years and is located outside the unit,also it depends on which beaches you hunt,alot of trash and iron,i would go with the Excalibur,less trash & iron The cz21 or Surf Pi DF which is far deeper in an area without trash & iron and is cheeper,as far as pin pointing,i have never had a problem pinpointing with the excalibur 2 1000,but with my Df its alot harder,The guys that have the Cz21s and I with the Excaliburs both do good,as far as the 150.00 difference in price you will spend that on batteries,the warrenty is better 5 yr vs 1 yr,New England Detectors will extend to a 2yr,1 yr minelab additional yr New England,i have 3 Minelabs,1 white water & 2 fisher land,every detector used serves it's purpose,wish you the best in your desition,hope i was some help, Earl PS i just saw your from jersey, i would definately go with the Excalibur 2 1000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom