Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detector Reviews
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 01-18-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX

I sent the message below to 'mlazo@frsttx.com' Monday after finding that addy in another thread, because the "ask an Expert" thing on bounty hunters website @ detecting.com wont work. I have not received a reply yet so I figured one of you may be able to help with the question.. does it sound like there is a problem?

I received a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX for Christmas. I have been fairly successful with the product, but I am not sure if there is a problem with it. I am only able to get it to function properly on the shallowest depth setting. If I leave it on the default - medium or try to use it on the deepest setting, it power cycle's and resets itself. I can use it for an unlimited time on the shallow setting, but every time I try to use either of the other two depth settings it goes into a loop of a reset where all of the tones cycle and the lcd goes through the same process it does when you first turn it on. I have changed batteries and tried on several different soil types.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Elite Member

Default Re: Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX

Sounds like a problem to me.