GTI 2500 and coil and depth

Supadupame

Is it true that if gti 2500 had DD Elliptical Searchcoil it would have better depth (even on air tests)? I have read that on some forums/videos but all it says on official site is that it is better for mineralized soil. Any more info?

I believe the way it goes is a concentric is suppose to be deeper, but since a DD covers more ground at closer to it's max depth it tends to be the better coil for getting more deep finds. The concentric is also suppose to be better in trash, while the DD better in bad ground.

Attachments

• coils3.jpg
    coils3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,017
So at those air test in video (at pro vs gti2500) the problem were bad settings on gti (since it should be deeper)? On one video says the normal at pro coil would take same depth as 12,5inch of gti. That means
10" x 14" PROformance Power DD Elliptical Searchcoil (for gti 2500)
would go even deeper than standard at pro one and the biggest normal gti coil? If so, is sensitivity to smaller target same as at pro standard coil?

So at those air test in video (at pro vs gti2500) the problem were bad settings on gti (since it should be deeper)? On one video says the normal at pro coil would take same depth as 12,5inch of gti. That means
10" x 14" PROformance Power DD Elliptical Searchcoil (for gti 2500)
would go even deeper than standard at pro one and the biggest normal gti coil? If so, is sensitivity to smaller target same as at pro standard coil?

Just to clarify, my post has to do with using each of those coils on the same detector. When you're talking two detectors that's apples and oranges.

Can you post the videos? The problem with most videos is the user can easily manipulate the tests to show the result they want. And just because a detector does well in an airtest doesn't mean it will do that well in the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96pAmgMFt8M

This is the depth video.
So 10" x 14" PROformance Power DD Elliptical Searchcoil (on gti 2500) would go deeper than its 12.5 inch one (same device)?

It's probably close enough to not worry, but with the DD coverage you would cover more area so probably find more.

The AT Pro seems to operate much like a Tesoro in the airtests. The GTI is sort of a funny machine with it's audio boost.. you tend to either get a target, or not, which explains why the AT pro beats it in the airtest. The thing is with the AT pro, that little chirp you hear for a fringe target, how often is that going to be deep iron in real hunting conditions? That's why I'll probably always be an explorer user because the amount of iron I would dig with the GTI, which I knew, compared to the Explorer which now I know, is such a difference it's probably not worth posting because people probably wouldn't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom