Heirloom Ring Found!!

KYshooter

Elite Member
My daughter, Katie, just revealed to me this past weekend that she lost a sterling silver heirloom ring given to her by her grandmother. Grammy (that's what she calls her grandma) apparently wore this ring in her youth. In fact, on Thanksgiving Day Grammy warned her, "Do not lose that ring!"

But it was already lost. She believed that she lost it in a classmate's yard where they were posing for senior year pictures. So, Katie and I set out right after she was finished with school today to hunt for the lost ring in a sea of leaves. I dusted off and batteried up my old Bounty Hunter Quicksilver for her to use.

When we arrived we were horrified to see the landscaper hard at work blowing and vacuuming leaves. We jumped out of the truck, suited up, and got to work.

About 15 minutes into the hunt I hit a beautiful silver tone. When I cleared the leaves to get down to the signal, it had moved with the leaves. I suspected that I was on the target ... and reached down to sift through the leaves. And there it was! Grammy's old ring.

Katie's friend snapped a picture of us in our metal detecting equipment ...
149937_1726857731943_1253408361_31886024_6021072_n.jpg

And here's my happy girl ... thoroughly relieved that her lost treasure had been found.
katie-ring-1.jpg

All in all, an awesome MDing afternoon. I told Katie that I have never been more proud of a find. :D

Excellent job!! I bet she was happy. Grammy would have been so mad that she lost it. :D Congrats on the find!

Ahhhhh........ metal detector guy saves the day!!!!!!!!
Great job! She's obviously thrilled!

(Why is it that we are perceived as geeks by roughly 90% of the population, except for when someone loses something? Just wondering.............)

(Why is it that we are perceived as geeks by roughly 90% of the population, except for when someone loses something? Just wondering.............)

Please don't tell me that you are so naive as to to actually believe that that perception changes after we find something do you? ;):lol:

Thats what i like to see a story with a happy ending :D
Dad may i suggest for christmas a ring resizing for Katie
Grammys ring may or may not cost a lot but it cannot be replaced ;)

Ahhhhh........ metal detector guy saves the day!!!!!!!!
Great job! She's obviously thrilled!

Oh, we'll always be geeks ... with really big knives on our belts. :lol:

Funny thing is ... after the find, she got the fever. Started begging to go to another site. Only problem was that we had big rain moving in. I'm planning to take her to a tot lot or two later in the week so she can feel the thrill. :D

Great post!
Be careful about taking your daughter hunting with you. You know...beginners luck will hit and she will walk off with something you have been wanting to find for years.

Funny thing is ... after the find, she got the fever. Started begging to go to another site. Only problem was that we had big rain moving in. I'm planning to take her to a tot lot or two later in the week so she can feel the thrill. :D

Would it be "unethical" for you to pick up a cheap sterling ring in a pattern she likes, and plant it at the tot lot the day before?:lol:
Please don't tell me that you are so naive as to to actually believe that that perception changes after we find something do you? ;):lol:
Yeah, you're right. That's ok, I've never fit in anyhow, and the older I get, the less I desire to.:)

Back
Top Bottom