Stealth Detecting

Bagger 288

Has anyone ever come up with a way to disguise your detector to be able to use it places your can't usually dig or you don't want to be too obvious? Maybe you could mark your targets and then come back later in the night for them? Maybe you could make it some how appear to be a crutch or a cane so noone would notice what you were up too?:lol:

No, it's never occurred to me. My opinion is that if you have to hide or disguise what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Just my two cents...

You can be a little bit surreptitious by leaving all your digging tools in the car while you cover the site with your detector, planting golf tees where you get good hits.

Then take your detector back to the car, get your digging tools, and dig your targets.

Your digging is a lot less conspicuous if you don't have a metal detector with you when you dig.

Get yourself some marking flags
markingFlags_2008_01.jpg

Use them to mark your targets. If anyone asks, tell them your marking the location of pipes.

Come back the next day, and dig. If anyone asks, tell them your making sure that they are pipes, and not coins or trash.:cool12:

If you could cloak yourself, I would think people would go nuts if they started seeing clumps of dirt come out of the ground:shock:

Anytime I hit a new site.....and it's normally somewhere detecting is allowed.

I take my dog with me for a walk on recon.

We totally check out the site and note how many people are around, we note how how often new people arrive and dissapear. We figure out the best spot to hit and where the best spots to "dissapear" into the background are.

It works really good doing some recon like this because noone really cares when I'm walking my dog.

I pull out a metal detector and the eyes come out like we are doing something totally crazy.

And no...i don't nighthawk (think that is totally messed up) or try to go where I know I'm not suppose to. It was just a general question.

Cut one of you legs off & build a fake one with a MD inside with a vibrate for a target hit!:lol:

That would be too much a sacrifice for a hobby :lol::shock:
Better get a remote controlled MD ,hide somewhere under
the trees and let the maschine do the work for you:hide:

Pitch a tent with no floor inside.....MD the inside of the tent then move the tent to another location.

Or just put wheels on the corners of the tent and drag it around as you MD inside:lol::lol::lol:.

Wish

Wish I had something like that a couple weeks ago when that 12 year old looser kept following me around on the playground. I assume you don't plan to night hawk where it is illegal to detect though.

HH Michael

the best

Pitch a tent with no floor inside.....MD the inside of the tent then move the tent to another location.

Or just put wheels on the corners of the tent and drag it around as you MD inside:lol::lol::lol:.

Love this idea !!!

or cutting both your legs off making one of them able to make a plug :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom