PMS 10KP and bullet

Jim Bob

Elite Member
At 5:30 this afternoon after the grand kids went home I decided to run over to "the point" and hunt for about an hour. This spot is on the same lake as the old swimmig hole but it is like a sand bar where folks that are out water skiing stop to get out of the boat and cool off and drink beer. I have found a gold chain and a gold charm there before but today I found a wedding band that is marked "PMS 10KP" is that gold plated? Also I found an old bullet, anyone know what it may have come from? Thanks, and good luck, Jim

Attachments

• #1 total.jpg
    #1 total.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6,002
  • #2 10Kp.jpg
    #2 10Kp.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7,339
  • #3 bullet.jpg
    #3 bullet.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5,407
Just like my hunt not many targets but it only take 1 to make it a good hunt
Nice Ring
PS. The P stands for Plum not plated

Nice finds - the 10 KP is not plated - it means 10 karat plumb, or more than 10k gold (from Wikipedia). Congrats

Good to see your stillhitting the water Jim... I know how you have said its getting chilly down there ;) Its 33 degree's here this morning... wanna go waterhunting with us?

Thanks for the info

Nice finds - the 10 KP is not plated - it means 10 karat plumb, or more than 10k gold (from Wikipedia). Congrats

Thanks for the information about the 10KP. that turned my frown :( to a smile :) because I sure thought it was plated, although it looked old. I'll try a little tooth paste on it to see if it shines up before I add it to my scrap sale pile.

Heading South

Good to see your stillhitting the water Jim... I know how you have said its getting chilly down there ;) Its 33 degree's here this morning... wanna go waterhunting with us?

Thanks for the invite Craig but we have a few more days in the high 80's here and we are heading to the Keys for 6 weeks so I won't need any cold weather gear right now.:lol: Good luck, Jim

Thanks for the invite Craig but we have a few more days in the high 80's here and we are heading to the Keys for 6 weeks so I won't need any cold weather gear right now.:lol: Good luck, Jim

"Can I come" :D I always look forward to your post...hot spot for sure! WTG

bullet info!

In the UK we have a forun called UKDN and they release a newsletter called the "word". Issue 22 had a really good write up on "Making Lead Fly". I'm pretty sure it's a "minnie ball" round. As has been mentioned, from black powder days.
Happy Hunting, Mark

I found a wedding band that is marked "PMS 10KP" is that gold plated?

My wife told me PMS stands for something else and if she ever comes home with jewelry with "PMS" engraved in it, I should not question the purchase!

Congrats on the finds, I was at another detectorist`s home the other day and he showed me some civil war bullets found on a battlefield that looked just like that., dont know for sure but might be that era, not nessisarily the war but about that time. or maybe someone was firing a vintage gun 30 years ago.:?:

Back
Top Bottom