This year’s growth and finds...

jcham

Elite Member
Every year I normally take a video of my finds before I have them refined for what ever reason I didn’t do it this year. Three years ago I started refining my silver jewelry and it's been really fun to see the collection grow from year to year. I figured there was really no use to keep the unwanted silver rings and other various finds so I give away what family and friends might want and decided to start doing this.

The 1oz coins and bars are the refined silver from all the jewelry and silver odds and ends and the 1oz coins in the plastic containers came from another source.

I saved a few rings that I'll keep in my collection and won’t melt them down and of course all my silver coins will always remain intact and a part of my collection.

Well my New Year starts and since I turned in my finds landed one gold band and about $10 in clad. The credit of this years gold collection and check amount would have to go to the Vision as it has been double the normal amount from previous years. I did land two of the biggest gold rings I've hit on land with the DFX one was scraped and the other I am wearing and I’m going to keep for myself.

Clad amounts dropped considerably since I started using the Vision but everything else has increased. I have maybe pulled close to $200 in clad since I started using the Vision down a good 65% from previous years but that may because I spent more time hunting gold.

Attachments

• tresurebox.JPG
    tresurebox.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 3,357
  • treasurebox1.JPG
    treasurebox1.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 3,321
  • treasurebox2.JPG
    treasurebox2.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 3,320
  • treasurebox4.JPG
    treasurebox4.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,315
  • treasurebox3.JPG
    treasurebox3.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 3,297
Thanks I miss all the jewelry and the finds but I have pictures of everything and if silver ever takes off it's already in the envelope.

I was just at a yard sale and I'm looking through the rings and silver pendants they had. She wanted $5 a piece I'm going to go back up later to see if the silver is still there maybe I can get them for $1 a piece by then:lol: I was hoping to find a silver platter or something that I could turn into cions but no luck it was all junk.

Where and how to get the silver 1oz coins....

"Where do get these things turned into coins at???" took the words right out of my mouth!:D

Sorry I didnt reply sooner I've just been really busy these last few days.

I use the company that just about everyone uses on the Forum (Midwest Refineries). There payouts on gold, silver, and platinum are incredibly high. They are paying 95% market value on gold and 90% market value on platinum and silver. Your average local (WE BUY GOLD PLACE) will pay about 10%. A few years ago I took a handful of gold to a local buyer and they offered me I think it was $140 I sent the gold to Midwest and got back over $400. So don’t sell your gold and silver local if you do you will just be giving it away.

As for the coins I could have chosen cash for my scrap silver, bars, or coins. This time I requested the liberties as for what ever reason they are worth about $4.00 more than the bars or the average 1oz silver coin. They sent me three painted liberties. If you request a certain coin like I did they may not have any in stock so they will send you what ever they have. The first year I did it I got bars and that was cool. Keep in mind that the silver you are sending them is .925 so you will have to send them additional silver to get the .999 coins you requested. For three coins you will need to send them about 130grams of .925 at least that’s the way it’s been averaging out for me.

Hi,

Happy New Year ! I hope you did a good deed to atone for your sins.

Me, clearing fallen tree limbs on the road, I woke an elderly man sleeping in
his car with the motor running and windows closed.

I almost had a coronary myself. Next summer I'd like to come and metal detect with you.

Best regards,

Frankie

Maybe I'm not understanding something but, are you saying you pay someone to melt down your finds because you don't like the form they are in? This can't be true.
I now most people would like to sell silver and gold if they could use the money and that is the purpose of a refiner, but what are you talking about melting your finds down into bars?

Maybe I'm not understanding something but, are you saying you pay someone to melt down your finds because you don't like the form they are in? This can't be true.
I now most people would like to sell silver and gold if they could use the money and that is the purpose of a refiner, but what are you talking about melting your finds down into bars?

They will pay you in several ways for your silver. You can choose coins, bars etc. Visit the Midwest website for the details.

ARA Refineries pays more than Midwest.

Midwest Refineries is near me and I used to sell all my gold there or have it melted into bars. Now that I am smarter I sell my gold rings to ARA as they pay 98% and send you back the stuff that you thought was gold and they also send you back all the stones. I sent Midwest a broach that I tested at 10 Kt. and Midwest said it wasn't gold but kept the broach and the stones that were in it. I couldn't get it back from them.

Yeah, it seems Midwest has made a few people mad lately. I used ARA last month and was totally happy. I'll be sending them more later this month.

Dusty

Awesome silver!! :shock: did you find that kid to?? :lol: j/k WTG !!!

Back
Top Bottom