Predator vs Lesche brand

gasishigh

There are a couple threads about this topic already posted. If you have not read them apparently there was a rift in the family leading to George Lesche leaving with the original dies and most everything except the name forming Predator Tools. Having just ordered an 85E from Predator ( waiting on its arrival now :tumble: ) I received the following email:

"Hello Just wanted to say Thank you very much for your order, Everything we use building these high Quality tools are 100 % American made right down to the box. George & Pam Lesche"

The current Lesche brand tools are sold through MD dealers, not direct from the manufacturer. My questions are: Where are these made? Are they made from the same materials? Obviously they cannot be the exact original since the original designer took his tooling with him. Several people have noted differences in the two products that are supposed to be the same thing. In a quick search I could not find out much about "Lesche". Does anyone or a dealer on this forum know the answers?:?:
As a note I bought from Predator because of the reviews and most importantly they are MADE IN USA! Buy American.:cool:

The "other" Lesche manufacturer is W.W. Manufacturing, a US company which was run by Walter Lesche until his death in 2002. Basically, W.W. Manufacturing was a "family" business until George Lesche left it to start Predator tools.

The Lesche diggers manufactured by W.W. Manufacturing are primo quality. You can't go wrong with either Predator branded or W.W. manufactured Lesche diggers. Just don't get taken in by unscrupulous merchants selling Chinese knock offs.

BTW: W.W. Manufacturing has a web site here.

Thanks for the info on the history. Glad you cannot go wrong with either and I feel good that ordering direct it will not be a knockoff. My concern now is my garden spade lasting until it arrives, it already has a good kink in it! :lol:

Whats the difference between W.W. #48 and #49?

Stang1968,

The Lesche Digging Tool # 48 and # 49 are identical except for one detail. On the #48 the red plastic handle cushion covers the end of the handle. The # 49 has a metal end-cap on the end of the handle.

It’s really just a matter of personal preference between the two. I have both and find the #48 to be more comfortable during extended digging or digging in harder ground.

Best Regards,
Silver Hawk

Back
Top Bottom