Coin Park part 4

EncrustedYen

Elite Member
1,966 Yen ( $20.70 ) in modern coins. About 1,700 of it from my latest hotspot that just keeps on giving. The big twist on this trip was the ratio of 50 and 100 yens to one , five and tens.

The one , five and ten yens are the easiest to hunt..all in the penny-dime range.

The 50's and 100's under perfect condition sound like a nickel but depending on depth, postition and age can sound off from just below nickel to pulltab.

Many of these were found in the tab range. I am on a mission to find gold and I am not leaving this park till my machine runs quiet in relic mode.

Most had gone red so I let them soak in lemon juice...unfortunately I forgot about them and left them in far to long and now they have rainbow streaks.

I also went to two of my old coin haunts and managed to dig up 3 non modern coins.

Below the pen.

Weird lead object. Has a sort on sunlike design. The center has the kanji " Hikari " which means light. I found it in an area that has yielded 19th century coins so it might be quite old. No one here has any idea what it is.

To the right is an irregular shaped lead object with a Jr HS logo. I have found modern school pin versions of this.

Next is a brass 1 yen coin. Showa 25 ( 1950 ) My first ever of this type.

My only silver is the bar with the loop on top. It is stamped .925 but I dont know what it is from.

Lastly are 2 WWII era 1 sens both badly corroded.

At the bottom..a lot of junk. The ring was a big disappointment. Has a nice design too. Left of the ring is a Nagoya Castle pendant.

The quest for a gold ring goes on...

Attachments

• Coin Park 4.jpg
    Coin Park 4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 161
Your number of coins per hunt is amazing! It's only a matter of time and you'll find that gold ring. (Can you hear it saying "nah nah nah-nah nah"? :lol:)

emdees

Great post! I always look forward to seeing what you've found. Keep at it, the gold will turn up. For me it always seems to be when I least expect it or when I've given up.

Back
Top Bottom