Top Gun Saturday Scores the 14K Stunner!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Normally when Memorial Day Weekend comes along, I try to get as far from South Beach and “Urban Beach Weekend” as possible. :yikes: However, I didn’t have a chance to hunt last weekend and I didn’t want to go to any of my backup beaches. I also saw that the “Air & Sea Show” was going to be going on this Saturday and Sunday. :ehh: I checked low tide and it was going to be just past 1:45 pm. I figured if I got in 3 hours before low tide, I could get a hunt in, see the Air Show and get out before the real craziness began. :yes:

I left the house at 10:10 am and expected to run into some traffic as I got into Miami Beach. It was surprisingly smooth, and fortunately it seems I got to drive over before the crowds. :drive: I was hunting by about 10:45. Targets were few again. I did get into an area that was rocky and pulled some ferrous targets that looked like they had been down for a while. I slowed down and gridded. Then at about the hour point of the hunt I get a loud tone which I wasn’t sure if it was a high or mid-tone. All I know is when I pulled up the scoop I saw :dingding:. Then under an hour later, I pulled a foil sounding ring which I thought was going to be my 2nd gold. But when I got to the car, I noticed it was unmarked and it was just too light. (It ended up being stainless). The 1st gold ring was marked 14K, weighed 7.2 grs and the stones test good. :thumbsup:

At about the halfway point of the hunt, the Air Show started, and it was such a real treat to be out there hunting and feeling the raw power of the F18 (and later the F16) with the afterburners. There were hundreds of boats offshore in the distance. As I detected, I could barely make out any sounds through the headphones when either of those planes came by me. I have seen many Air Shows, but I am still awestruck each and every time! I gotta tell you, when the F18 flew alongside the F4U1 Corsair at one point in the show, I got a bit emotional. It was just an amazing sight to behold. The F16 that later flew with a P51 was special too though! This is going to be a hunt I don’t think I’ll ever forget!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend y’all and thanks to those that gave their all for us.

Attachments

• 5-28-22.jpg
    5-28-22.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 579
  • 5-28-22 Ring.jpg
    5-28-22 Ring.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 575
  • 5-28-22 Glasses.jpg
    5-28-22 Glasses.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 585
  • 5-28-22 Fake ID.jpg
    5-28-22 Fake ID.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 580
  • 5-28-22 fits.jpg
    5-28-22 fits.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 586
  • Memorial.jpg
    Memorial.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Well done sir! This weekend up at the dune line usually smells like urine. I hunted during an air show that was to the South of me before and wound up with the Blue Angels Fat Albert flew directly over the top of me on the way back to the base. Had a problem with the landing gear not going up during the show. Cool sight for sure! I had a lot of fun watching an F22 show its skills.

Woah ! That's a 1st. A ring that goes past the knuckle. G1

I can see you sitting there with your finger in a glass of ice water:lol:
Possibly cut it off. Look how tight that is. His finger is gonna turn purple. Or ....this is some wild photoshopped trick to impress us.

Very nice ring, Felix! Just wondering how you could hunt within the human amoeba?

That's one of the nicest designed rings I've ever seen ,Congrats ! Looks like the lady's
license just expired .Doesn't seem like it was meant to be a full term license , that's kind of weird .

Congrats on that dandy of a ring. Very very nice.

I could feel the excitement in your words, makes me want to hit the next airshow to feel that booming of those afterburners

Back
Top Bottom